2 Broodmares for Sale

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

newyorkmary
Yearling

2 Broodmares for Sale

Postby newyorkmary » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:57 pm

We have 2 nice broodmares for sale. They are priced to move. Both are open but are breeding sound. We stopped breeding our mares after 2009 due to the economy. Now that things are taking off in NY, I think they will make nice additions to an active breeding program. Mares are large (16+ hands), easy keepers, easy breeders, well taken care of. Located in NY. Open to all serious offers. Please send me a pm for more information.

Miss Mena – 2000 mare by Dayjur- Manduria (graded stakes placed winner) by Aloma’s Ruler. Half sister to MANDY’S GOLD, a multiple Graded stakes winner of over $1 million and Graded stakes winner MATULA. Dam of 5 horses of racing age, 3 winners, including Mena Time, multiple winner of $100k. Has a 2 year old filly by Master Command.

Boysinthewoods – 1999 mare by Woodman-Private Applause (black type placed winner) by Private Account. Second dam GRECIAN COMEDY, multiple stakes winner of 16 races and half sister to GRECIAN FLIGHT, a multiple Graded stakes winner of over $1 million. Dam of 6 horses of racing age, including a two year old, 4 to race, 3 winners, including Titletown Tiger, multiple winner of over $120k.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:39 pm

I am very pleased to hear things are taking off in NY. Hopefully now that the debt has caught up with the GDP we will see things improve down here also.

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

newyorkmary
Yearling

Postby newyorkmary » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks for the good wishes Griff. Things are definitely looking up in New York. Purses for NY bred races are going up and the sales results for NY bred yearlings increased significantly this past summer. :D