Looking for a sound, sane retraining project

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

fearan
Newborn

Looking for a sound, sane retraining project

Postby fearan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:36 am

I'm a grad student with more time than money who is seeking a retraining project for the coming year. I've successfully retrained several OTTBs for a second career in hunters and am hoping to do it again. I am a life-long TB fanatic and I take on these projects for the experience and for the love of the racehorse, and sometimes I actually break even! (:))

My top requirement is an excellent mind, followed by soundness. Height doesn't really matter, I've retrained some excellent children's hunters from short TBs. Mares or geldings, doesn't matter, but no stallions since my barn lacks the proper facilities.

I can't afford to pay much (my budget is ~$500 for the purchase, as I work off board) but I can give gads of time. My (freebie) project from last year competes in 3' hunters locally with an 11 year old who adores him.

I am located in eastern NC but go to school in Richmond, VA, and I have a truck/trailer and the ability to drive several hours in any direction to pick up the right horse. I am following some leads on CANTER but wanted to see if there were any other options out there!

Thanks! :)

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:51 am

fearan - You have a PM