3 PA Bred 2009 Fillies selling 1/16 at New Holland

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

3 PA Bred 2009 Fillies selling 1/16 at New Holland

Postby IcouldbeU » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:55 pm

This was on the Alex Brown Forum and although not huge on pedigree maybe someone would be interested:

"I was looking at the www.handride.com site and saw there are three PA bred TB fillies which will be sold at NH on January 16. All three are currently 2 years old by Give Us An Encore, and were to be galloping by Nov. 30.

Under the price category, it states $100, however under the comments at the bottom of each page, the seller states that all three will be entered in a special sale at 1:30p.m. at New Holland on January 16, 2012. Horses are TO BE SOLD and will sell to the highest bidder regardless of price. According to Lancaster Farming, http://www.lancasterfarming.com/classif ... seman-1-16

The "special sale" is composed of only these three fillies. I don't believe that buyers or rescues will even be aware of the special sale and that worries me.

The horses are listed on Handride.com:
http://handride.com/search.asp?SEARCH=1 ... egion_id=0

After you select each filly, and scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a phone number and email for the owner. Note, the farm name is listed without a phone, but when I checked, the phone number is the same.

I know only minor details about the NH auction, but I am concerned for these horses since the ads state that they will be sold regardless of price.

Can you please share this info with those who have knowledge, or may attend NH? "

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:46 am

There sire, Give Us An Encore, never broke his maiden. has a 6/0/2/2 and $8,494 in winnings.

Could be excellent prospects for uses other than racing.

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:56 am

griff: that was my thought. These fillies are young, have been broke by the university program and seem like there must have been another alternative than to go thru a killer auction. A friend sent me the information that I posted hoping that I would want them but the cost of shipping to CA with their pedigrees, I am passing. So decided to post here to see if anyone may be interested.

Happy New Year

Bohemia
Starters Handicap

Postby Bohemia » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:43 pm

I was at Parx racetrack today and a flyer with all this information was tacked up inside the trainer's booth. It said something to the effect that "if you need fresh racing stock these fillies will fit the bill."

I really wonder if these people who are selling them realize they could be Canada-bound very shortly.

hoofbeats
Weanling

anyone going?

Postby hoofbeats » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Im 4 hrsaway in Ny right now, doubt I can make it or Id go right over ...
If someone picks them or 1-2 up I may be intrested in a project for the right $ ..