Two Yr. olds

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

20dourmdd
Maiden Special Weight

Two Yr. olds

Postby 20dourmdd » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Does anyone know of two yr. olds that didn't get sold at the training sales that may be for sale privately now? Would like to talk?

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:29 am

what price range and which sale?

20dourmdd
Maiden Special Weight

Postby 20dourmdd » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:16 pm

2yr.olds that didn't make it to the Ky. training sale, Maryland sale, or the OBS training sales that farms want to sell now or horses that didn't sell at the training sales for some reason. Price depends on the horse confirmatin, breeding.

Thanks,
Dave

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Hey Dave,
My advice would be to contact the consignors directly to find out what farm they went back too.

Most don't sell for a reason. A) they have physical problems. conformation, chips, size, maturity etc.

or B) They didn't bring the live money that owner was expecting.

But if you have a certain pedigree in mind or type of horse I would call some of the heavy hitters out of Ocala.

Hold Your Peace
Allowance Winner

Postby Hold Your Peace » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:46 pm

I'd head to Ocala for next week's June sale.

Some who didn't sell earlier this year, or who got scratched over a minor issue, will be in there and it also gives you a chance to talk to consignors who might have something on the farm that didn't sell.

If they're not in the June sale I'd say that most who didn't sell earlier have already been sold privately or they're at the track with the owners planning to run them or sell them off the track.

20dourmdd
Maiden Special Weight

2yr.olds

Postby 20dourmdd » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:47 am

Thanks for the opinions...That answers my question! I have a FL. connection so that seems to be the best.

stlouiskid
Maiden Special Weight

Postby stlouiskid » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Check out Juan Ramos and his Palmerejo Thoroughbreds. Juan has 5 in the sale this week, one is an Officer colt I have seen work who moves nice and has a great family. Juan has a super one mile training track in Ocala area, and he does a wonderful job breaking and preparing the horses. PM me if you would like any other info.

Nickvito
Newborn

stlouiskid

Postby Nickvito » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:13 am

Please check your inbox. I need to get in touch with Juan, can't seem to find his farm and or phone # on the internet.. I bought a Northern Afleet colt from him at Timonium and have been trying to get in contact with him. If you know him personally have him contact me
THANKS
Nick