In-Foal Quiet American mare free to good home

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

griff
Leading Sire

In-Foal Quiet American mare free to good home

Postby griff » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:36 am

Fashion Verdict is a 2002 Quiet American daughter that is in-foal to Stored = [Coronadoes Quiet X Ssfely Kept] for 2013.

She is 17 hh and easy to be around and NayLee will provide a free 2013 breeding to any of their nine stallions if Fashion Verdict foals in WV and the foal is registered as a WVBRED.

She has a lot of steeplechase blood on the bottom.

Owner is downsizing and wants to make sure she gets a good home. contact Rene @ [email protected]

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

jagger
Grade III Winner

fappiano/49er

Postby jagger » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:59 am

In support of this mating, the Fappiano/49er cross has proven to be the most successful when inbreeding to Mr. P. Don't have the numbers at my fingertips but have been following the inbreeding attempts to Mr. P for some time with the help of Goldmine. Anyone interested, shoot me a PM. But in short, easily 1/3 of the inbreedings to Mr. P that have produced at least a Gr3 winning horse, has involved Fappiano. And, the most successful conduit with Fappiano is 49er.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks for the input. Very interesting information but I've had a a couple 3S X 4D to Mr P that have had knee problems and 4S X 4D is as close as I'm going to get in the furture

Another positive about the pending 2013 Stored foal is his dam is the great Safely Kept, winner of $2.19 million including the Breeders Cup Sprint. One of the best race mares of the 20th century.

I have a 2 YO Stored gelding o/o a Cryptoclearance/Silver Buck mare and hoping Coranodia's Quest ad Safely Kept will come through in the second generation.

That's a 4S X 4D to Mr P also with Forty Niner over Fappiano. All of that mare's foals are slow to mature so we'll put him under saddle shortly and turn him back out until late winter or early spring.

thanks again for the input

griff

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:25 pm

I'd love to have her, sent Nayleefarms an e-mail, we'll see if it works out :D

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 pm

If you convence Rene you will give her a good home it will work.

She has a 2 YO by Domestic Dispute which should be a monster and a Gunnerside, When I get their names and sex I'll post them

griff

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:07 am

Still available with or w/o her 2012 Gunnerside filly.

Also, don't overlook Stored's dam Safely Kept, in my opinion, one of the best racing mares of the 20th century.

griff

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Re: fappiano/49er

Postby Tappiano » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 am

jagger wrote:In support of this mating, the Fappiano/49er cross has proven to be the most successful when inbreeding to Mr. P. Don't have the numbers at my fingertips but have been following the inbreeding attempts to Mr. P for some time with the help of Goldmine. Anyone interested, shoot me a PM. But in short, easily 1/3 of the inbreedings to Mr. P that have produced at least a Gr3 winning horse, has involved Fappiano. And, the most successful conduit with Fappiano is 49er.

I agree and I've got that :D

I would love a QA mare but I don't have the money. That was my other bloodline I was after when I was looking for a mare to send to Nobiz on the season I won. In this case it would be inbreeding to Fappiano. There's another conduit out there somewhere that Fappiano blood needs...

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:00 am

Tappiano

You do realize that this QA mare is FREE to a good home; i.e., it does not take much money to obtain this QA mare and she has a great second dam.

griff

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:32 pm

I am still unemployed, there's no chance I can take on a fourth horse

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 pm

sorry to hear about the unemployment. Been there, done that and it is not a good place to be.
griff