dash for cash own daughter

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Well Jeff this one is a multiple stakes winner producer(and second dam of stakes horse too) and 3/4 and/or 1/2 to stakes winners and producers so I have been thinking about this,if I had any cash....or decent partners.But I am old and f..k the cancer who is draining my funds and energy. Anyway,she will be clean,foal aborted,has a fresh coggins and teeth and worming done,stitched up if needed and fed.So we will see,if I stay healthy enough and not too broke I may just do it.We have an excellent reproduction center here,led by Dr Laurence...the mare is there now. check www.transbio.com
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:27 am

What is the difference in a "Dash For Cash OWN Daughter" and a Dash For Cash daughter"?

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:01 am

Only that lot's of quarter horse people(and TB too) advertise that way:
exemple: " dash for cash mare out of dash to fame" in fact if you check Dash to Fame is in second generation and Dash for CAsh in 3rd or 4th generation. or "Storm Cat mare out of Secretariat dam" Storm cat in second or worst generation and Secretariat even further.And in quarter horses you even see" Dash for Cash on his papers!" well the quarter horse papers show 4 generations so he could be anywhere.
I know it is an oxymoron but had to be precise for those reasons. I had a son of Dash to Fame for sale,so I advertised:"colt by Dash to Fame..."I got letters asking who his sire was,I answered politely "Dash to Fame" next question was "yes but what son of Dash to Fame is the sire"???
So for those reasons I figured that just saying she was a daughter of Dash for Cash might not be precise enough
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 pm

I still don' tundrstand what the "OWN" means or adds.

Can Dash For Cash have a daughter that is NOT his "own" daughter??

not trying to be a smart ass but I've been messing with horses, especially QH and never thought to ask with the "own" adds.

griff

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:10 pm

No it does not mean or add anything,it should not be there...I put that for idiots or people that cannot read...I sold hundred of horses and got stupid questions by the dozens,never thought of being a smart ass with clients.They don't know any better,it is okay as long as I make the sale and the horse gets out allright..Why start an argument???

a joke: may be she was adopted???
Last edited by Sylvie Hebert on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:16 pm

I am thinking of frozen semen of Dash ta Fame...What do you guys think?close linebreeding.
Factoring all the costs that will be a $12000. baby when it hits the ground. May be safer to do 3 embryos...

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Griff an exemple of what I meant:
Kijiji.ca ad # 408945982

Date Listed 07-Oct-12
Price $2,000.00
Address Calgary, AB T2K 3W1, Canada
View map
Offered By Owner

Registered Name- CATCH ME IF U CAN
This beautiful Mare is an off spring from DASH FOR CASH
She has accomplished 120 days training spread over the course of 7 months, and is still in training. Bella is still green but is very reliable with structure and guidance from an experienced rider. She has a lot of forward and has an inclination to be competitive (would be highly suited to barrels!), also she is very intelligent, and that she can be very confident with a suited rider. She is fantastic on trail rides on a loose rein in a plain rope hackamore and is very adaptable to whatever you ask of her. Highly recommend an experienced rider who has patience and time for a younger horse.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:35 pm

That's an example of what you ment when you said what?

griff

PS: Kind of suspected the "own" thing was meaningless and people just trying to sound like horses people in the know..

ckaye
Yearling

Postby ckaye » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Sylvie Hebert wrote:Registered Name- CATCH ME IF U CAN
This beautiful Mare is an off spring from DASH FOR CASH

Snort. "Off spring of Dash for Cash"? People are so funny.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/catch+me+if+u+can

QH people seem to be particularly bad about this crap, huh?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:49 am

Personally I find the Quarter Horse breeding jargon just hilarious. For example, they would say that Silvie's mare is "outta Dash for Cash" when, for heaven's sake, a horse can only be out of its dam. Sylvie's mare is an "own daughter of Dash for Cash" - as opposed a "daughter of Dash for Cash" with the horse somewhere in the four generations on her papers? It seems like the terminology is just so much snake oil.

The closest I have seen in TB's in similar advertising is "granddaughter of Secretariat" or "grandson of Northern Dancer" which is actually true about those horses, no matter how meaningless it might be in relation to the horse's actual pedigree.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:05 pm

the term "a grand son of Northern Dancer" is meaningless ???

must have missed something some where?

griff

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Sylvie,

I think your mare is a wonderful OWN daughter of Dash For.Cash. :D

Jeff

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:06 pm

I have seen,and you can too just look at the internet ads: Dash for Cash horse for sale(he must be somewhere WAY back) or 1/2 brother (when by same sire) or family of SO and SO when it is a distant parent...(that from TB people).I tried once to explain that to a "breeder",anything further than second generation for me is of no consequences...If both "parents" and grandparents" were useless chances are...
You see my real father was a jewish mine prospector...I am claustrophobic,my adoptiveefather was an accountant...look at my bank account you will see right away what I mean... so when you talk about distant relatives...like a racehorse 4 generations away,I don't think it is a good bet....but as I always say: all told>your gold....

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Sylvia,

I understand exactly what you mean by own daughter, it means its a daughter and not a grandaughter or great grandaughter, it's a quite common usage of the word. It's hard.to fatham that a moderator on this forum would coin it 'snake oil'. Seems kind of a vulgar thing to say.

Jeff

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 am

Jeff wrote:Seems kind of a vulgar thing to say.
Jeff

Just like internet stalking, thats vulgar as well.
Edited by Moderator