The Pain?

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Joltman
Grade I Winner

The Pain?

Postby Joltman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:35 pm

If you saw the 10th at Gulfstream today, you have to wonder how the jock on the #9 is doing after falling off his mount just a few yards before the finish line. Hope and pray he's ok.

I'm sure he's in pain - but I have to wonder about the pain of the guy who had the sole ticket on the 9 as the one sole winning Pick 6 jackpot ticket - with north of half a million $us in the carryover pool alone?

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

TJ
Darley line

Re: The Pain?

Postby TJ » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:25 am

Hi Jolt,
Bad break for all involved...the rider got stepped on and went to the hospital. He is expected to ride today? The person who was counting his money in deep stretch, has to be devastated after that loss. The rider tried to hold on to the horse, but the wire was too far away to get it done. When you think about it, Jaramillo was very lucky since the horse he rode, was the only horse that stepped on him. Here's the story and the replay....check the replay, looks like the horse took a misstep or awkwardly tried to switch back to his left lead which caused the ducking in? TJ
https://deadspin.com/horse-loses-jockey ... 1821644906

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 pm

hey TJ - thanks for the link. Talk about a tough beat... a life changing score had it and just needed to literally hold on for 2 more jumps...

report I saw was that the jock was supposed to be heading out of the hospital - glad for that!

jm

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:57 pm

Joltman wrote:hey TJ - thanks for the link. Talk about a tough beat... a life changing score had it and just needed to literally hold on for 2 more jumps...

report I saw was that the jock was supposed to be heading out of the hospital - glad for that!

jm

Hi Jolt,
Yes Jaramillo did not ride today as reported by his agent....two of the mounts he was listed to ride today won after the first 8 races. Guess it was for the best after that spill...and probably better he didn't show up today, could have fueled a conspiracy theory:>). TJ

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:26 pm

Conspiracy theory had crossed my mind, except that you don't leap from a horse going north of 30 mph with the whole field behind you and the trance to get really really hurt....

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:45 pm

It looked like a dive. The jock made no attempt at all to stay on at all. He could have tossed the whip and hung on around the neck and finished.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:16 pm

That didn't look like a dive to me...a very awkward "can't stay on" move.
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 am

Joltman wrote:Conspiracy theory had crossed my mind, except that you don't leap from a horse going north of 30 mph with the whole field behind you and the trance to get really really hurt....

Hi Jolt,
I agree with you, there are a lot easier ways to get beat than to fall off your mount when leading a full field. I was joking about conspiracy theory, though I did see plenty mention of that by racing new comers on various blogs concerning the spill. There is little doubt the rider was unprepared for the incident as the horse gave no indication of anything being amiss.....till he took an unexpected flying lead change over to his left (wrong) lead very close to the finish line. That being said, if the holder of that near winning ticket holds a grudge....if I was the rider, I'd watch my back the rest of the meet:>) TJ

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Well if Madelyn thinks it may have been a dive, maybe I'll reconsider.

As for the losing bet, maybe he'll take it down now the pot is over a $1mil ...

jm