Blue Norther Stakes

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Blue Norther Stakes

Postby Shergar » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:34 am

HUTI sez Gorgeous Goose #6.

I watched her Maiden Breaker on the 14th of Nov @ Hollywood. Very Impressive late run to get the money right on the wire. It was her 1st try on the sod after two dull efforts on the cushion.

Eligible to improve off that effort. Any sort of improvement will put her right in the mix.

All the best, Shergar

Now waiting the seal of approval from TUMB.

TJ
Darley line

Re: Blue Norther Stakes

Postby TJ » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:35 am

Shergar wrote:HUTI sez Gorgeous Goose #6.

I watched her Maiden Breaker on the 14th of Nov @ Hollywood. Very Impressive late run to get the money right on the wire. It was her 1st try on the sod after two dull efforts on the cushion.

Eligible to improve off that effort. Any sort of improvement will put her right in the mix.

All the best, Shergar

Now waiting the seal of approval from TUMB.

I don't know Shergar, with a horse named GORGEOUS GOOSE, we should await conformatin from the THUMB system. I would think Roke should have all the INside on this one :lol: TJ

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:44 am

This horse is a good play, Shergar. TUMB gets a real good feel from it! :D
What synthetics are to California racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gb0mxcpPOU

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:59 am

Rokeby Forever wrote:This horse is a good play, Shergar. TUMB gets a real good feel from it! :D

There ya go racing fans, Thumbs and Huti up:>) Now under the TUTI, I make a case for Grace Anatomy, drops way down, tries the turf and is from the family of Soaring Softly....As Mickey Rourke said in Barfly as he hoisted up from his bar stool and raised his glass high...."Drinks for ALL my friieeends" shortly before passing out, Good luck:>)

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:18 am

TJ:

Grace Anatomy is a scratch.

As a final word on the La Brea, I must keep repeating my Mantra of SPEED, CLASS and CONSISTANCY in that order. It would have served me well in that race.

Nice hit on the exacta.

Shergar

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:46 pm

Shergar wrote:TJ:

Shergar - TJ's been scratching for years. It's a Belmont backstretch thing. LOL!

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:28 pm

Shergar wrote:HUTI sez Gorgeous Goose #6. Now waiting the seal of approval from TUMB.

Rokeby Forever wrote:This horse is a good play, Shergar. TUMB gets a real good feel from it! :D

HUTI and TUMB are cookin' on all cylinders!

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 07USA7.pdf

Between downin' booze and hiding a thumb, these systems can't be beat when they agree. :D

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:26 pm

As a final word on the La Brea, I must keep repeating my Mantra of SPEED, CLASS and CONSISTANCY in that order. It would have served me well in that race.

Nice hit on the exacta.

Shergar

That mantra would have served well in both those 7F G I's...Thank you Shergar and great pick for u and Roke. Personally I think Roked picked that horse because you did :>) TJ

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:29 pm

TJ,

TUMB has disagreed with HUTI in the past. Georgeous Goose just felt right today...the thumb never lies!

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:31 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:

Shergar - TJ's been scratching for years. It's a Belmont backstretch thing. LOL!

OK, Roke I know you really didn't pick that winner because Shergar did. :roll: .......Heck I'm glad she scratched, I'm even glad when I scratch but I did a heck of a lot more rubbin the hair off of em then scratchin me:>) :lol: TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:33 pm

Rokeby Forever wrote:TJ,

TUMB has disagreed with HUTI in the past. Georgeous Goose just felt right today...the thumb never lies!

How can the thumb not feel right with regard to a Gorgeous Goose (sbarra) :lol:

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Just got home and watched the replay on Calracing.

Good Grief, she made that look easy.

HUTI and TUMB rules! Who needs Beyers, Rags, or Thorographs!!!!

Now I need to look after the pulled ligaments in my arm. Happened from patting myself on the back. :)

All the best, Shergar

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:12 pm

TJ wrote:How can the thumb not feel right with regard to a Gorgeous Goose (sbarra) :lol:
Tony Sbarra was nothing gorgeous - just a goose. I wonder if he walked around Vegas with one of those rhinestone jackets. LOL!

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:59 pm

hi Rok...hello Shergar...hi all

I watched the Blue Norther Stakes (at Santa Anita) today...and I'd say...WOW what an impressive (and that might be an understatement) performance by the winner (Gorgeous Goose).

Rok...take a look at the way she broke her maiden on Nov 14 at Hollywood Park (you can see the race replay/s at Calracing.com [a no-cost site] as Shergar recommended)...and you might get a strong sense (as I do) that Gorgeous Goose (with what I might describe as nothing short of an outstanding winning performance today, as a follow-up to her stirring/amazing [if you will] Nov 14 victory) is developing into a what might be described (to my way of thinking anyway) as a potentially VERY (if not EXTREMELY) special filly.

Seems (to me anyway) that this filly (Gorgeous Goose) has a potential future extraordinaire...and could be on the path to super-stardom.

Best...

...and Happy New Year to you.

Respectfully

Rokeby Forever
Darley line

Postby Rokeby Forever » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:34 pm

Hi FOS,

And a Happy New Year to you!

I did see the replay. Indeed, this colt can motor! Let's hope he holds together and continues to develop.

If I have one concern, it might be how differently he'd race on taller East Coast turf. I hope we find out in 2008.

Best.