ARGH!!!!!!

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

imnumberjuan
Allowance Winner

ARGH!!!!!!

Postby imnumberjuan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:28 pm

so I am at the offtrack for lunch watching Gulfstream, really only killing time. I finished my meal and went place a couple of bets to entertain me throughout the day... for $5 to win, I am easily amused.

There was a new girl behind the counter, and because of that I took the time to check my tickets. This was with four minutes to post for the fourth.

So I give her my bets, and as I said checked my tickets, and found a $5 win on the 1 in the fourth. With time to spare I got her to cancel it and redid the bet ($5 win on Bsharpsonata, not a great payout, but I'll take it.) With that I left with the intent to go home to watch the races on the internet while I puttered around my abode. On my way home I remembered I had to pick up some stuff from the grocery store, and had a hankering for a Orange Julius.

So, I just checked the fourth race, and... $111.00 to $#@%ing WIN? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? %$#@ SAKES!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!

*BREATHE*

I am fine now.
Gotta keep on Keepin on - Joe Dirt

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:41 am

So, I'm confused... did you just win really big or was that the bet that you had the gal switch? (Sorry, it's early and I haven't had enough coffee to be totally coherant yet.) If you won... congrats! :D
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

imnumberjuan
Allowance Winner

Postby imnumberjuan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:15 pm

Roguelet,

No it was the ticket I cancelled ... *SIGH*...

Discovery
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Discovery » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:24 pm

haha sods law

nferro9925
Grade III Winner

Postby nferro9925 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:48 am

My sister did that to me one day at Belmont.
She bet the horse with the pink sockies who for the life of him couldn't win at 7 furloughs in the last year & half.

Guess who won..... :wink:

imnumberjuan
Allowance Winner

Postby imnumberjuan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:04 pm

nferro,

:lol:

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:09 pm

If it was purple socks, you couldn't keep me away from betting the bank on the horse.

tcwallace
Newborn

Postby tcwallace » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:05 am

When that happens to me, I always keep the ticket and do a second bet, same goes for lottery tickets...although it has never paid out, I would not want to have lost after making the change...

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:44 pm

ALWAYS keep the first ticket and get another!!! A very famous trainer (who also loves to gamble) told me that. Oh well, you know for next time ;-)

imnumberjuan
Allowance Winner

Postby imnumberjuan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:42 pm

I have had it the other way, where a ticket I bet (I bet the 8th got a race earlier on the card) paid more ($5 win returned $127.00) than what I had bet.... :lol:

Then there was a day last fall I bet a race my filly was in, my filly ran second (coughed it up with two jumps to go... why can't they write 6-1/2 Furlongs less two jumps?) and the 4 horse box tri I bet managed to stumble across the line together paying $658 for the $1 dollar, I couldn't believe it, went found the ticket (I was at home watching via the net at that point) re-checked the numbers, realized I had bet those numbers, went to cash it.

I am giggling thinking I shoulda booked a BRINKS truck, and the payout is $64. I asked her to recheck ... those same four numbers some how stumbled across the line for the 5th earlier that day, featuring a 6/5 shot, chased home by a 4 - 1 and 3/5.

ARGH!

I then went to Walmart to soothe my misery (I wanted to buy something, can't remember what) ran into a woman from a few years ago, got her number - and plugged it into my cell phone.... forgot to hit save.

I am proud I can still get out of bed in the morning ...

Discovery
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Discovery » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:37 am

imnumberjuan wrote:I have had it the other way, where a ticket I bet (I bet the 8th got a race earlier on the card) paid more ($5 win returned $127.00) than what I had bet.... :lol:

Then there was a day last fall I bet a race my filly was in, my filly ran second (coughed it up with two jumps to go... why can't they write 6-1/2 Furlongs less two jumps?) and the 4 horse box tri I bet managed to stumble across the line together paying $658 for the $1 dollar, I couldn't believe it, went found the ticket (I was at home watching via the net at that point) re-checked the numbers, realized I had bet those numbers, went to cash it.

I am giggling thinking I shoulda booked a BRINKS truck, and the payout is $64. I asked her to recheck ... those same four numbers some how stumbled across the line for the 5th earlier that day, featuring a 6/5 shot, chased home by a 4 - 1 and 3/5.

ARGH!

I then went to Walmart to soothe my misery (I wanted to buy something, can't remember what) ran into a woman from a few years ago, got her number - and plugged it into my cell phone.... forgot to hit save.

I am proud I can still get out of bed in the morning ...

haha :lol: