Arlington Day Pick Play

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Stevie Belmont
Allowance Winner

Arlington Day Pick Play

Postby Stevie Belmont » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:14 am

Secretariat- The 1 1/4 event for 3 year olds fillies on the grass . 4 horses to use in this one. You might be able to get away with not using Secret Getaway, but I’ll put her in. Winchester, Plan and Tizdejavu. Winchester ships in with Plan from Ireland. These two don’t look to be the strongest euros to ship in, but this race is not packed with big horses. Winchester has won at a 1 1/4 in Ireland and will use lasix and blinkers for the first time. Plan owned by IEAH of Big Brown fame and Team Tabor from Ireland. Murtagh from Ireland will ride. Her time form numbers have improved with each race she has run. Will try the 1 1/4 for the first time. And Secret Getaway coming off back to back wins at Woodbine, but also ran a game 2nd at the class filled Keeneland meet to Accredit.

Beverly D- Lots of class in here, but the question is who will get the distance. It looks like the front end will be crowded early with Dreaming of Ana, Rosinka and Precious Kitten. They are all class, but will they stay on late? Mauralakana has won at the distance of a 1 3/16 and is sharp form for Clement. She always put in a strong late rally. French filly Cicerole stretches out. Horse has never won beyond a 1 1/16, but the horse always run a good race. She has defeated colts in France. Has never contested a race better then a G3…Connections see fit to make it today. She might be a surprise.

Arlington Million- Archipenko is starting to get better and better. Big time form ratings and won the Queen Elizabeth Cup. Spirit One is another french invader. Has run some solid races in France and is a winner at a 1 1/4. Ran right behind the top rated Euro Duke Of Maramalade in a gutsy effort. If turf is less then firm this one should appreciate it. Einstein one of the top American based horses this year. Has never won at a 1 1/4, but is in solid form for this. And team Tabor shows up with Mount Nelson coming off a GI win in the Eclipse Stakes. Murtagh sees fit to come over and ride him for this. Ran right behind the top rated filly Darjina.

Pick 3 play

2,3,6,9/4,9/1,3,6,7 $32 for a buck

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:53 am

Maybe I'm wrong, but I am sure the Secretariat Stakes is for 3 year olds, colts, filliies or geldings.

UmmYeah
Starters Handicap

Postby UmmYeah » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Georgerz wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but I am sure the Secretariat Stakes is for 3 year olds, colts, filliies or geldings.

No, you are absolutely correct. In this case, the field is all colts except for one gelding (Sr. Henry).

Stevie Belmont
Allowance Winner

Postby Stevie Belmont » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:06 pm

My mistake...I was thinking of The Bev D....Of course it's not for fillies.

Playwithfire
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Playwithfire » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Nice play. paid $350