Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (Grade I)

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (Grade I)

Postby bdw0617 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:04 am

Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup
Juvenile Fillies (Grade I)
Total Purse $2,000,000
Two-Year-Old Fillies
1 1/16 Miles
Friday, October 24, 2008

Post Horse Jockey Odds
1 Evita Argentina Alex Solis 15-1
2 Persistently Alan Garcia 15-1
3 Black Magic Mama Rafael Bejarano 15-1
4 Sky Diva Ramon Dominguez 7-2
5 Be Smart Garrett Gomez 15-1
6 Van Lear Rose Chantal Sutherland 30-1
7 Dave's Revenge Joel Rosario 30-1
8 C. S. Silk Robby Albarado 15-1
9 Palacio de Amor Victor Espinoza 12-1
10 Stardom Bound Mike Smith 2-1
11 Pursuit of Glory (IRE) John Murtagh 8-1
12 Dream Empress Kent Desormeaux 6-1
13 Doremifasollatido Eibar Coa 15-1
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:03 pm

juvinille fillies

Man.. boy was I wrong about this race. i admit i had never actually sat down and watched her race.. until now.. and I am having to pick my jaw up off the floor. Sky Diva is a freak. I don't care if she hasn't ever ran on synethics. I don't care if she only ran twice.

let me put it in perspective. i just saw her two races, and she yet does not know what a whip feels like because she hasn't been hit yet. She won the debut so impressivly the jockey literalry had a death grip on her trying to slow her down. man, i'm excited about this one.

CS Silk is good and will be heard from but I think she got some pretty soft fractions her last race, and I don' think she win under the fractions that will be ran in this race. might want to thinka bout for exotics

also, after doing some more in depth research, i'm not sold on stardom bound. she's beating up on nobodies, and her races aren't as impressive when you go back and look at them. she took advantage in a speed dual and she drew up passing tired hroses, tired horses that aren't good on top of that, to make her look bette rthan what she is. the 2nd place horse in all of her grade 1 wins, who is also in this race, went off at almost 50 to 1 in the oak leaf.

Think Pyro pre derby.

but she's without question a very talanted horse. I just think a tad bit overrated and hasn't faced anything whatsoever.

Plus she's a late, late, LATE closer, and I don't like to bet those. too much can happen.

Dream Empress won the weakest grade 1 i have ever seen in my life. and that is no exergration. but she did it over synethics, and that has to be noted for somethin

It's not about synethic angles or aything.. Sky Diva is just that good. There are some good fillies in this race, but she is the only one that really gets my blood boiling. so I will single her here.

If you just have to have fun with it and go deep I like ovbiously stardom bound.... but i won't bother becuase after looking at it I honestly could make a case for about half the field to come in 2nd. from CS Silk to Stardom bound to Dream Empress, none of them look distinshable to me.

was not able to find anything on persuit of glory, and that's troublesome. if anyone knows anything about her, let me know.

- Einstein

Twingirl
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Twingirl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:03 pm

bdw0617 wrote:juvinille fillies

was not able to find anything on persuit of glory, and that's troublesome. if anyone knows anything about her, let me know.

besides what I wrote in the other post, here's what Watchmaker says about her:
synthetic win, granddam Serena’s Song

If you're into the breeding pedigree thing, Lauren Stitch is writing for the breeders cup site now that she's not with DRF. She's great. Here's what I found for ya from her on Pursuit of Glory:

"PURSUIT OF GLORY (Fusaichi Pegasus-Sophisticat, by Storm Cat). From three starts, she has a win and a fourth over Polytrack. Her sire won Kentucky Derby and her dam was the best offspring from champion, Serena's Song. Should have no problem going two turns and there is plenty of upside to her."

Looks like a good long shot to me! But the wins were at much shorter distances.

I like CS Silk. but like most of em, never ran this far. It's a real question whether some of these horsies can route. Medaglia d’Oro progeny have done very well though and seem to take to all surfaces though.

The only one's I found who ran, or won, or hit the board at the actual 1 1/16 are:
Dream Express
Stardom Bound
Be Smart
Van Lear Rose
Palacio De Amor

Doremifasolatido is a sprinter, this is too far
Pursuit never won past 6F
CS Silk never ran this far
Daves Revenge never ran this far

Even sky diva and persistently I think have only run 1 mile but that's close enough.

Then you have the ones who haven't but are "bred" to do it, like Evita Argentina

I'm just gonna use a dart to choose my horse on this one. :)

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:53 am

the frizette, out of all the stakes in the country, is one of the best prep races for the breeders cup, year in and year out. the way she did it, i have no doubt whatsoever she will get hte distance. the only reason she didnt' win that distance is because the race wasn't written at a mile and a 16th

- Einstein

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 am

You may think that Stardom Bound is overrated and over hyped, but if she repeats her last run she will be tough to deny. I do agree that Sky Diva has been impressive, and I happen to think that Ramon Dominguez is one of the best jocks riding today, she will have every chance, and I cannot leave her off the ticket, but, the same holds true for Stardom Bound.

DDT

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Stardom Bound was the winner!!

oliverstoned
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby oliverstoned » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:59 pm

Stardom Bound wins the Eclipse Award too even though she's only raced on polyglot. My Oaks future book money will go elsewhere.

halfbridled
Maiden Special Weight

Postby halfbridled » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:03 pm

I dunno, that was one incredible move by Stardom Bound..and a heck of a time put down too.
Though I agree, betting on her for the futures probably wouldn't be the best, too much can happen between now and then and I know a few potentially nice ones yet to really get in gear.