Breeders Cup Ladies Classic

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

Breeders Cup Ladies Classic

Postby bdw0617 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:06 am

Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (Grade I)
Total Purse $2,000,000
Three-Year-Olds and Up, Fillies & Mares
1 1/8 Miles
Friday, October 24, 2008

Post Horse Jockey Odds
1 Zenyatta Mike Smith 3-5
2 Hystericalady Garrett Gomez 15-1
3 Cocoa Beach (CHI) Ramon Dominguez 8-1
4 Music Note Javier Castellano 6-1
5 Carriage Trail Kent Desormeaux 8-1
6 Ginger Punch Rafael Bejarano 9-2
7 Santa Teresita Michael Baze 50-1
8 Bear Now Eurico Da Silva 30-1
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:12 am

Zenyatta will have to really regress to get beat in this. I think the rest are running for 2nd money.

DDT

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:22 am

ladies classic:

the ovbious horse to beat here is Zenyatta. But this is a damn, damn good race.

with all the talk of Zenyatta, Music note is brilliant. go and youtube her beldame... i have never seen a horse win a grade 1 with so little effort. it literarly was a 250k paid workout.

and if that wasn't enough, carriage trail puts in a curlinesque performance in her last grade 1 prep for this race, drifting out to the grandstand and winning by about 8 in 1:46 and 3! and it looked like 1:46 and 3 should look.

ginger punch's best surface is not synethic. it's dirt.s he raced twice, won an allowence, lost a stakes race. it's a reason frankel ships her to NY. plus.. she'sjust not the best horse in the race. I don't think she's in the top 4.

This is a 4 horse race with Zenyatta, Cocoa Beach, Music Note and Carriage Trail. You could even through Hystericalady in there but i wouldn't.

Cocoa beach is a nice filly but she would have to really improve off her last race to win this one, and on a surface she has never ran on.

As impressive as Music Note's race was, she has never ran on the fake. and even if you give her that she will take it, you have to ask yorself, is she good enough? too many questions there

for betting purposes, Carriage Trail has won her last race, she's proven she can take to the fake, and I mean REALLY take ot it, demolishing a grade 1 field, even worse than zenyatta.

if I was looking at this race and didn't know who was who, I would put my money on carriage trail off her last performance. so that's what i'm going to do here.

Carriage Trail, Zenyatta Extra, with Carriage Trail to win as well. the Extra the other way wont' pay a dime.

Carriage trail/Zenyatta/ Hystericalady/Music Note Trifecta

- Einstein

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:35 am

How do you say it? Exacta please Zenyatta over all? It's a field of 8 and Santa Teresita would make it a nice ticket.

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:20 am

it's an exacta wheel with the zenyatta on top

- Einstein

halfbridled
Maiden Special Weight

Postby halfbridled » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:49 pm

I got my butt kicked in this race. :(
What the heck happened to Ginger Punch? Good call on her BDW, I could not have imagined her out of the top 4.
This is one race I think would have turned out completely different on real dirt. Wonder what tomorrow will bring, the Sprint is confounding me still.