Breeders Cup Selections

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TomFool
Allowance Winner

Breeders Cup Selections

Postby TomFool » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm pretty dead set on things barring anything out of the ordinary happing between now & then.
Filly & Mare Sprint
12 Ventura 5-1 like her to pull the mild upset
5 Indian Blessing 2-1 not so sure she is a slam dunk like many think but she will be a strong force in here, like her better with Indyanne out
3 Intangaroo 9/2 she may be better on dirt which this track mostley is, her quick turn of foot is very dangerous here
13 Tizzy's Tune 30-1 will be going the right direction late, can really see her coming back and running another good one over the pro ride

Juv Filly Turf
2 Laragh 7/2 she is either a single or throwout IMO as you can say she excelles first time on firm going or she will bounce as alot of times esp 2 year fillies can off a super effort like her last. I going with her as a single even if she is by Tapit.
10 Beyond Our Reach 15-1 European madien fits with thses esp at a price
7 Consequence 8-1 really think she will run a nice race with better racing luck

Juv Fillies
4 Sky Diva 7/2 like her lots in here, think she is the real deal
11 Pursuit of Glory 8-1 think she has a legit shot in here, think she may get overlooked in here, very playable
10 Stardom Bound 2-1 hard to leave this fav out she will be rolling late, use underneath @ short odds

Filly & Mare Turf
7 Mauralakana 5-1 think she will have the perfect stalking trip to score
8 Halfway To Heaven 4-1 consistant filly coming off a G1 win @ Newmarket, may be getting really good right now
10 Pure Clan 15-1 another consistant 3 year old, think she has just about reached her ceiling but another solid effort could land her in the exoctics @ nice odds

Ladies Classic
1 Zenyatta 3-5 no horse is ever unbeatable but she is close to it, one of the best fillies we have ever seen, looks all set for a rountine brilliant effort
2 Hystericalady 15-1 her morning line is laughable & if anyone else can win this I think its her
6 Ginger Punch 9-2 class mare finishes one of the shortest BC tris ever

Marathon
1 Church Service 10-1 Mitchell's higher price of a solid duo, think he has a shot at odds that will be better than the morning line @ post time, playable
8 Cedar Mountain 6-1 coming into this race nicely if anyone can get one ready to go long its Drysdale, this horse can gallop all day
7 Big Booster 9-2 the other Mitchell, he will get more play & if it turns into a riders race it may be between he Prado who is on my top selection

Turf Sprint(looks like a longshot race, go deep)
4 Only Answer 20-1 would not be the first time Fabre brought one over to win @ a price
5 Salute The Count 12-1 why not take a Dutrow horse in truely wide open race at double digit odds?
3 True To Traditon 15-1 remember Thunderello a few years ago in the sprint? would not be a shocker

Dirt Mile
8 Well Armed 3-1 tough real deal racehorse, thought he would have had a shot in the classic, should be heavy favored
11 My Pal Charlie 20-1 interesting longshot that seems to be on the way up, can sit in nice spot throughout, upset chance
1 Lewis Michael 5-1 love syenth, in nice form, may be set for best race yet
10 Rebellion 15-1 you know he will be rolling late, I think theses four are a solid superfecta box.

Mile
4 Goldikova 3-1 if she gets a decent trip think she is as a sure bet as Zenyatta is in the Ladies Classic
11 Whatsthescript 4-1 stuck outside hinders chances & morning line is lower than I expected, has a shot but I think top choice is a single
9 War Monger 12-1 last two races were solid, can get there again @ good odds in a weak BC mile

Juv
4 Square Eddie 9-2 he looks very strong after his Keeneland romp, may run away even futher from these, not really worried about the Euro bounce theory
12 Bushranger 6-1 still think he may show out against theses, could romp
8 Street Hero 6-1 broke on through last time in Norfolk, he will get better, playable as top two are hit big or miss plays
11 Midshipman 5-1 another safe play, he def could win in uninspiring fashion if top two dont run well

Juv Turf
7 Cornet of a Baron 9-2 really thought he would end up in the Juv, its pretty telling to me he ends up here, being by Pure Prize he should love the turf, really like his chances in here
3 Westphalia 5-1 fits very well in here, debut was solid on firm going, pedigree suggest to me he will love it, hit or miss play IMO
12 Grand Adventure 5-1 may have ran too hard last time but he is very talented & game, could go either way IMO
Others I would take a long look at in here are 10 Skipadate(looked a bit like a tired horse in his last work or would be higher), 8 Paddy The Pro & 5 Relatively Ready

Sprint
2 Street Boss 3-1 think the race will set up for his closing kick, safe bet he will be coming in the stretch just a matter of getting there in time
1 Cost of Freedom 4-1 hard to knock this former claimer who has looked like he is set for another good one Sat, very playable
7 In Summation 10-1 will be overlooked & I like that he is draw outside the other closers, he should get first jump on them & might hold on for the upset

Turf
11 Eagle Mountain 6-1 everything looks in place for him to run a huge race, I've been waiting a while to unload on a deKock runner in a spot like this
9 Conduit 6-1 like a firm going & looks to be getting good, think he will really like the trip
4 Soldier of Fortune 7-2 hard to ignore even though I like the top two better, must include in Pick 4 & Pick 6 though

Classic
4 Duke of Marmalade 10-1 taking a bit of a chance here but a top class horse family of AP Indy, Lemon Drop Kid if he takes to the pro ride he will have a big shot
9 Curlin 7-5 has looked great this week is one of the best of all time can sit & pounce from fairly close, it looks silly to bet against him here
12 Champs Elysees 15-1 sneaking longshot, only race on last meets SA synth was a very nice effort, pedigree is impecable, trained by Frankel not sure he can win but is a must use in exoctics.

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:05 pm

tell me something about persuit of glory? any race replay link anywhere?
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Twingirl
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Twingirl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:48 pm

bdw0617 wrote:tell me something about persuit of glory? any race replay link anywhere?

Not answering for Tom, but for myself, like any LONGSHOT, there are problems. She has euro class........but her only win on synth was at 6F.

(EDIT: I answered you in your other post......found a bunch of info on her)

is it just me, or are many of the horses entered in this longer race horses that have never done 2 turns, never ran at this distance? I could hardly find any that ran at this distance, let alone on snyth?

This is the race that has me ripping my hair out. :)

Either they never won on synth but have the distance, or they won on synth and have never run anything even CLOSE to this distance.

For most of these horses, the distance just seems way too far. Persistently...isn't she basically a sprinter, albeit late running?
Last edited by Twingirl on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twingirl
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Twingirl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Tom----also meant to say, I like almost all your picks. You obviously put a lot of thought into them.

Good luck on race day!!!!