CCA Oaks

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

CCA Oaks

Postby Bill from WA » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:29 am

Hi

I like Baffert's horse, #2 Wynning Ride on top. Should love the 10 furlong distance. I will also play a #2 (Wynning Ride) #6 (Casanova Move) #7 (Hightap) #8 (Funny Moon) trifecta box

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

FOS
Freshman Sire

Re: CCA Oaks

Postby FOS » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:05 pm

hi Bill from WA

Bill from WA wrote:Hi

I like Baffert's horse, #2 Wynning Ride on top. Should love the 10 furlong distance. I will also play a #2 (Wynning Ride) #6 (Casanova Move) #7 (Hightap) #8 (Funny Moon) trifecta box

Bill

I salute a reeeeal gambler 8) :wink: .

Rolling the dice and ignoring the morning line favorite (Livin Lovin - 3/1) all together.

Good LUCK to ya :!: .

Best

Respectfully

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi FOS.

Actually, #8 Funny Moon is the morning line favorite (5-2). I just have some questions about Livin Lovin at 10 furlongs (I think Wynning Ride has the best pedigree for the distance). Probably leaving Livin Lovin out will come back to bite me in the butt. Interesting race though.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Oh sooooo close Bill.

I thought you had it nailed until Dont Forget Gill snuck in for the place in the shadow of the wire.

I know you are retired, but do you still field the occasional query about conduit mares?

Regards,
Shergar

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Shergar

I also thought I had it half way through the stretch. Nicely timed ride by Funny Moon's jock. I was very disappointed in Hightap's performance, and I totally missed on Don't Forget Gil. I will be available to those who have pedigree (MCM) questions, but will be doing some traveling so I may not be too prompt in answering.

Bill

Langston Hughes

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:03 pm

I don't have the PP's, but based on her profile. (Don't Forget Gil) I would have thought her conduit profile was tilted towards speed. The 5h Family back to Simon's Shoes makes me think turf. Then Blushing Groom over Blushing Groom especially makes me think of the grass.

With the above information, I wouldn't have thought of a filly going 10f on the dirt.

I will PM you with a few questions I have. Absolutely no hurry on your part in answering.

Regards,
Shergar