Let the Games Begin!

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:16 pm

DDT,

The Santa Anita Derby should be a goodun' and it was a fun race to handicap. The West Coast boys are lookin' tough here but I doubt they'll have anything for Uncle Mo', Dialed In and the East Coast boys. Earlier along this Trail I thought Silver Medallion was a good lookin' hoss' but there was a question about his ability to get it on the dirt - guess we'll see. Silver Medallion to win.

Lookin' forward to the Santa Anita Derby!

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!!
Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. - William O. Douglas
~
It is the characteristic of the most stringent censorships, that they give credibility to the opinions they attack. - Voltaire

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Whirlaway

Well you said Silver Medallian but you did not make any wagers as of yet. With Premier Pegasus out and may be Jaycito a scratch, it opens this race up pretty much. Anthony's Cross looks tough but is coming in off a layoff, good works. I like the Shireffs horse, Mr. Commons, he is bred for the turf but he ran a nice mile last out and Shireffs would not run him in this unless he thought he had a chance but this is a big step up for the horse and logic indicates a pass but my moronic side says go for it. Bench Points owes me money and is training pretty good, so it looks like a good betting race. As I said before, Mo will really have to regress or have very bad luck to loose the Wood. We will see.

DDT

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:21 am

Whirlaway

For the Wood I will wager $20.00 to win on #5 Uncle Mo, if he is a scratch then $60.00 to win on #2 Toby's Corner.

In the Santa Anita Derby I will wager $60.00 to win and $60.00 to place on #8 Anthony's Cross, if he is a scratch then $60.00 to win and $60.00 to place on #3 Mr. Commons.

Good luck today.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:50 am

DDT,

With the main two out it looks like Anthony's Cross and Silver Medallion. Both ran on the same day, different track, both recorded similar Speed Figures and Performance Figures, both coming into this one on works. I thought Anthony's Cross had the advantage with his familiarity with the surface, Silver Medallion looks like he can run on the stuff with a solid seven furlong work. I think Silver Medallion may be in better condition. I was thinkin' all in on Silver Medallion . . . but not yet, not yet!

$10 WP Silver Medallion
$10 WP Anthony's Cross - Scratch
~
$10 W Uncle Mo'
$10 P Preachintothedevil
$10 W Preachintothedevil - if Mo' is a scratch

May the best horse win and best of racing luck,

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!!
Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. - William O. Douglas

~

It is the characteristic of the most stringent censorships, that they give credibility to the opinions they attack. - Voltaire

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:55 am

Whirlaway

All in on the Silver one would have been a moronic wager, leave those types of wagers for me.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:58 am

DDT,

Considering Mr. Commons was the "figure" horse in this one, I was for sure you were gonna bet something like $ 400 to Win on the beast! There is still time yet, come on, you can do it!

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!!

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 am

Whirlaway

Mr. Commons was not my high figure horse, I just like the trainer and his last race and his works leading up to this race but a Grade 1 is hardly the place to find out what you have, there are plenty of stakes races that would be much easier even if this is a pretty weak bunch for a Grade 1 race. I may still regret not wagering on him.

DDT

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Whirlaway

Today you had three wagers that totaled $40.00, you collected nothing and your bank is now $160.60. You had one horse show today. You have made 31 wagers with 4 wins (20 pts) 7 place (21 pts) 7 show (7 pts) for a total of 48 points.

Today I made two wagers for a total of $140.00, I collected nothing and my bank is now $333.40. I had one horse show today. I have made 30 wagers with 8 wins (40 pts) 4 place (12 pts) 5 show (5 pts) for a total of 57 points.

On to next week.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:15 pm

DDT,

Looks like another Derby prep race this week. Likely the Arkansas, or maybe the Bluegrass, both run this Saturday. What say you to these two races same day? Play em' both, one or the other?

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Whirlaway

Yeah, we can play them both if you want to, The Factor has been working really well, and he will be hard to go past. The Bluegrass, well I don't bet Keeneland very much, but I'll take a look at it.

Uncle Mo, 1-9 and almost did not make the board and I knew he was suspect because of the way Pletcher was training the horse up to the race. My scratch horse won and paid good money....... another gem to enter into our long list of Ifa, woulda, shoulda, coulda.........

Earlier you asked me if Dialed In was da kine, and I said I did not know yet, but his works had indicated that he either liked to run in the mornings or had talent or may be a little of both. Well, I think he just might be da kine, what say you??????

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:06 am

DDT,

My bank is kinda low, so I'd like to focus on the race of of the day. If the Arkansas fine, if the Bluegrass fine, if neither we play that one - I say we play one race this week.

About Uncle Mo', well I'm kinda perplexed. We knew he was short on conditioning goin' into the Wood and needed that one for deep conditioning, he finishes third and come to find out he had a gastrointestinal infection. What part did the GI play in the outcome, if no GI how would the outcome have changed? He lost by a length or so, how far would he have won without it? I get a bad feeling about this guy . . . too much drama, too much uncertainty. I'd like to see him scratch out of the Derby for due cause - not one hundred percent.

With respect to Dialed In and him being da kine. I was there and got to lay eyes on this thoroughbred, glad I went, I think I'll make the Florida Derby a pilgrimage. My first impression was his youthfulness - he was cut and it easy to tell he was dead fit and no doubt he had the conformation. When he walked by, and I can still remember it like I was still there, I got the impression he was projecting, "Now have you ever seen anything like me?" He is da kine and he knew it. From what I understand Zito will remain in Florida and Dialed In will not get a work over the Churchill Downs strip. I think that is a negative and may compromise his chances.

What say you about Uncle Mo' and Dialed In staying in Florida?

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Whirlaway

Like I said, I think Uncle Mo was a short horse in the Wood, if he has an infection that cold have hampered him, if he did not like shipping up from Florida, that could have bothered him, if the others in this crop have caught up to him, or if he was as good as it gets as a two year old then he is in big trouble come Derby time. In addition, if The Factor runs to his works in the Arkansas Derby he will be the favorite in the Kentucky Derby and he will set the pace or in the event that Uncle Mo gets the lead he will make him pay for it every step of the way, setting it up for the closers.

Dialed In won his first race as a two year old at Churchill Downs, he has already shown he can handle the track, I like the fact that he is staying in Florida as long as possible. As of right now, Dialed In would be my choice followed closely by The Factor and Elite Alex who has Calvin aboard, a fact you must consider at Churchill.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:27 pm

DDT,

I'll be keepin' an eye out for the horse Calvin is ridin'.
~
This has been an interesting Derby Trail with many a fine thoroughbred going to the wayside. I thought Soldat was the one and I have a futures bet on him, but after laying eyes on him in the Florida Derby, I have my doubts. I can only hope it rains buckets first Saturday in May. I also have doubts about Uncle Mo'. Now mind you I think he is the mostest hoss', but all things considered, I have my doubts. I got the pleasure of layin' eyes on Dialed In and he is as good as any of em' . . . but he is and always has been your horse. I'm figurin' he is the one to beat.

After considerable thought and research, at this point in time, I think we may be watcin' the Derby winner this weekend, his name is Santiva. We'll see what he has for em' come the Bluegrass.

$ 40 W Santiva
$ 40 W Wilkinson - Scratch
~
Interesting drama in the Arkansas. The Factor runs one way, out front and fast. Pletcher in his infinitely cunning wisdom will be running Dance City in this one, Dance City is just as fast as The Factor. Those two duel, The Factor loses, not only the Arkansas but likely the duel will deplete his energy stores for the Derby. A wonderfully cruel and sadistic move by Pletcher - but lest we forget, this is war. NO doubt Pletcher is trying to win the battle in Arkansas, but his ultimate goal is to win the war in Kentucky. NO better way to win that war then by "takin' out" the top rival early. Baffert must know this is a trap, will he send or will he instruct the jockey to back out early. The drama in the Arkansas Derby, this should be a good one . . . Nehro to win the Arkansas Derby.

I still think I will win these Games . . . Best of racing luck and may the best horse win!

Twenty-one days until the Kentucky Derby.

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!!

~

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:01 am

Whirlaway

I do not know what makes you think that Dance City is anywhere near The Factor when it comes to speed. They have The Factor to catch and I do not believe they will get close to him today.

For the Bluegrass I will wager $40.00 to win and $40.00 to place on #11 Crimson China, if he is scratched then the same wager on #3 Santiva.

Good luck.

DDT

Whirlaway
Grade III Winner

Postby Whirlaway » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:24 am

DDT,

I do not know what makes you think that Dance City is anywhere near The Factor when it comes to speed.

I did take another look at the past performances just to make sure and here is what I got in the last race:

The Factor in the Rebel OP:
46.3 <---------

Dance City in 56K Alw GP:
46.3 <---------

Gotta remember this is a nine furlong race and The Factor will likely run a few ticks slower than he did in the Rebel. The past performances show Dance City is a marginal two lengths back at the first call and he'll be dancin' right next to The Factor at four furlongs and he is right there at the six furlong marker. Dance City gets a two pound break from 120 to 118 while The Factor gets an additional five pounds up from 117 to 122. The Dosage Profile for Dance City is: 13-12-12-0-1 DI 4.43 CD 0.95. He is speedy and I've seen these double digit front end profiles produce some Classic runners. I don't think this guy will fold, he does not back out of it! The Factor has never gone this far with that much weight with this kinda horse breathin' down his neck. I don't think he'll get to relax and will likely flame out crash and burn at the mile marker.

Would you care to wager $ 20 bucks The Factor does not win? If you would like to make such a wager we can extend the betting time limit until the time of the race. If either scratches, no bet.

LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!!

~