Better site than Twinspires??

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

walaa
Starters Handicap

Better site than Twinspires??

Postby walaa » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:52 am

Does anyone know of a better site than Twinspires?? Since they bought out Youbet, they absolutely suck!!!!! Tracks swithc over in the middle of betting, odds are consistenly wrong, or stick from track to track, etc. They even told me they knew about this, but there was nothing they could do, when I told them about incorrect payouts I was getting, and how some of the odds were changing during and after the race, so they KNOW there are problems, but said they cant correct payouts etc. Im disgusted with them. Lots of stakes this weekend, where can I get a good site? Thanks in advance :)

Aug27
Allowance Winner

Postby Aug27 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 am

"I feel your pain".

I've been an account holder on TVG, Xpressbet, and TwinSpires, and I actually like some aspects of TwinSpires, particularly their new lifetime ' activity / past performances'. Plus, if you wager on the race, they give you free Bris PPs.
I'm most comfortable with Xpressbet, but TwinSpires has a better interface, IMO.
TVG ranks last in my eyes ... no need to charge the fees they do.

DuncanPatch
2yo Maiden

Postby DuncanPatch » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi Walaa -- I'm late with this, just saw your post today. I was a youbet.com refugee, went to TwinSpires, suffered for 3 months, gave up. Worst site imaginable, and I told them why without ever getting a serious response.

I'm now on DRF Bets and it is incomparably better than TwinSpires. Not as good as youbet, but blindingly fast, accurate, and giving a lot of good information. Even on the British and Dubai races. Only problem, which is not DRF's fault, is that you can't tracks owned by Churchill Downs Inc., since they are a greedy and thoughtless bunch. That includes Oaklawn, Churchill D., not sure about some others but we'll see when their seasons begin.

Do try DRF's site, just go to DRF and click on the "Bets" tab. It's also free, no monthly or single wager fees. Great video free, too.
"All life is 6-5 against." (Damon Runyon) "But sometimes not." (Duncan Patch)

walaa
Starters Handicap

thanks!!

Postby walaa » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:25 pm

thanks both of you :) Twinspires just gets worse, makes me want to puke :!: My best payouts are from small tracks during the week anyways, but the real payouts, of course, are from stakes, so it just sucks that there have been so many complaints, and they dont have to do anything, esp. when the payout are wrong :evil: :evil: They are too big, when someone with some $$$ loses, they will get sued, not worth my $ to bother, what I bet :) it is just hard, when they buy the best site around, and completely ruin it!!! Not to mention, the site doesnt work right, to complete your betting woes :D I will try the other site, I willactually be at Ch for the Derby, so at least,even though they are greedy, I will get my bets in :D

TJ
Darley line

Re: thanks!!

Postby TJ » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 am

walaa wrote:thanks both of you :) Twinspires just gets worse, makes me want to puke :!: My best payouts are from small tracks during the week anyways, but the real payouts, of course, are from stakes, so it just sucks that there have been so many complaints, and they dont have to do anything, esp. when the payout are wrong :evil: :evil: They are too big, when someone with some $$$ loses, they will get sued, not worth my $ to bother, what I bet :) it is just hard, when they buy the best site around, and completely ruin it!!! Not to mention, the site doesnt work right, to complete your betting woes :D I will try the other site, I willactually be at Ch for the Derby, so at least,even though they are greedy, I will get my bets in :D

Hi walaa,
The daily Racing Form has just started a gambling site. It isn't fully operational at this time and is limited to the number of tracks available. If you open an account with them for $100 you recieve 2 free weeks of Formulator PP's worth $150, wager 500 during that time and get another free 2 weeks of PP's. Here's a link. TJ
http://www.drf.com/welcome-drf-bets?utm ... DRF%2BBets

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:25 am

I got a postcard last week advertising a new ADW called darkhorsebet.com - they give you $10 for each $50 you put in when you open an account. It is sheets ahead of twinspires - the video streams MUCH better, your account balance is on your wagering page, the wagering page includes the sire and dam of the entries, etc. etc. etc. To get the $10 you have to use the code free$ when you are setting up the account.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Hotwalker
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Hotwalker » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:24 pm

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread, because I was ready to go ahead and open a twinspire account. With the positive reviews of drf.com, and the fact I have access to the past performances, I'll go in that direction.

walaa
Starters Handicap

betting

Postby walaa » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:42 am

Well, I tried Darkhorse, and it was EVEN worse than twinspires. For some reason Twinspires has been working really well lately, havent had any of the problems I used to with it, except I cant seem to pick a winner :lol: The 1 tri ands supers paid fabulously yesterday, would have been my moving money! Dark horse was awful, took over a week for my money to show up in the account, then they said I had to wait 3 more days to actually start betting :shock: They were rude in customer service, could not explain where my $$ was ot why it was taking more than a week for it to go from my place to theirs, and then when they said I still had to wait after the money finally showed up, that was it :evil: it took almost 2 weeks for a transaction of a whopping 30$, since I just wanted to try then out first, for them to get me my $ back, so as much as tS wasnt working, I guess Im sticking with them for now, they really seemed to have fixed the glitches

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:52 am

Yikes. I've had pretty good success with darkhorse - even won fifty bucks in the St. Patrick's Day drawing. One new thing Twinspires has, though, is free pp's if you bet the track you download. I like that a lot.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

walaa
Starters Handicap

bets

Postby walaa » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:02 am

maybe it was their pinpocket service I used that messed it up, I might try them later to get the free money, just have to buy a green dot card instead, they sure didnt handle the bank transactions well :) I think you have to use pinpocket to use your bank, they didnt really know what they were doing.