The Spiral Stakes

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:24 pm

I see nothing wrong with Uncaptured's race, after being off a long time. And, that track looks like pure sand (I admit knowing nothing about Turfway). I still like Uncaptured for the Derby, he likes the Churchill track.

Black Onyx and Crop Report both complimented each other today for sure.

I really have Derby fever this year.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:24 pm

dublino wrote:Just seen the replay of crop report race.
I don't want to sound like Mr Negative all the time but he beat a sorry bunch of slow horses and being by Medaglia D'Oro his pedigree got him the trip.
Most of the opposition were floundering 2f out.

I wouldn't back Crop Report against a higher calibre of horses who have speed and stamina.

Hi Dub,
You're entitled to your opinion....what's the use if we all agreed. Like minded people having a conversation never teaches anyone anything. New thoughts, ideas and opinions are always better to learn from...a new aspect and an open mind is valuable in horse racing. I did like what I saw today with Crop Report, what further picked up my head was the ease with which Black Onyx won the Spiral....Crop Report should have beaten Black Onyx last time, but he had bad racing "luck"in his first start in America...not trying to be smart...the word luck just came up:>) Also Uncaptured made a good move toward his Derby berth. If Crop Report comes back in the Blue Grass and wins....I may have to make some "Derby thought" changes. That will depend on the Wood...which is turning into a good race. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Cree wrote:I see nothing wrong with Uncaptured's race, after being off a long time. And, that track looks like pure sand (I admit knowing nothing about Turfway). I still like Uncaptured for the Derby, he likes the Churchill track.

Black Onyx and Crop Report both complimented each other today for sure.

I really have Derby fever this year.

Hi Cree,
I thought Uncaptured ran great....they both did. If anything the track is pure plastic...it's that all weather surface:>) I'm running a slight fever myself...and I'm pumped up to see if Crop Report runs back in the Blue Grass. Uncaptured may just run back in the Blue Grass or Arkansas Derby too....he might need additional points to make the Derby now....he only has 30 points after today's 2nd? TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:43 pm

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:17 pm

http://youtu.be/NDytfct9WCM

Spiral Stakes link above.

Winner Black Onyx not yet nominated for the Ky Derby.

Can't seem him winning the Derby, still think the Derby winner might come from the Wood or Florida Derby.

Trifecta returned $4,500
Mr Bingo you cash in on it????

Tell the truth we know how "lucky" you are.
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:26 pm

dublino wrote:http://youtu.be/NDytfct9WCM

Spiral Stakes link above.

Winner Black Onyx not yet nominated for the Ky Derby.

Can't seem him winning the Derby, still think the Derby winner might come from the Wood or Florida Derby.

Trifecta returned $4,500
Mr Bingo you cash in on it????

Tell the truth we know how "lucky" you are.

Hi Dub,
No, but I did grab some of that exacta :>) I am loaded with luck...just most times it's bad luck:>)
Concerning Black Onyx....below are the rules for late nominations....gotta think they'll use $6,000 from the Spiral pot to make him eligible now.TJ

The deadline for late Triple Crown nominations is Saturday, March 23 at 11:59 p.m. (all times Eastern). A fee of $6,000 must accompany the nomination form submitted for each horse.

Horses nominated during the late phase will be added to a roster of 369 horses made eligible for the 2013 Triple Crown during an early nomination period that concluded on Jan. 26. A nomination fee of $600 was required for each horse to become eligible prior to the early deadline.