The Florida Derby

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:21 am

dublino wrote:Well what ya think of Normandy, I think there is a good race in him he has had bad "luck" in his last two races.

Hi Dub,
The Wood has always had some interesting outcomes....many of the unbeatable "one's" did get beat....Uncle Mo for one and Secretariat for another. The heat is on in this race and everyone but Vyjack and Verrazano need one of the top two slots to get in the Derby. Normandy Invasion is certainly going to do his very best to spoil the V's and recent Wood history is in his favor. I do want to see what Elnaawi has to say about it too? This is turning into a race that could answer some Derby question. Yet, they will all have to return in top shape and ready to go again in the Derby....think of I Want Revenge, Eskendereya or Gemologist. It's been 13 years since the Wood winner had a Derby winner come out of it (Fusaichi Pegasus). I still believe it was a mistake Pletcher didn't run Verrazano in the Florida Derby. Especially because this race (Wood) is bordering on being snake bit IMHO. If Verrazano can get the job done in the Wood and the Derby he will be a very special horse indeed and overcome 13 years since a Derby winner has come out of the Wood. The Crow is defrosting:>) TJ