New Book Analyzing the Triple Crown

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

New Book Analyzing the Triple Crown

Postby stancaris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:11 pm

To all: American Turf Monthly is selling my new book: Analyzing the Triple Crown as part of a package costing $39.95. The book is 128 pages long and provides handicappers with powerful new checklists on the Derby, Preakness and Belmont Stakes.

These checklists have selected more than 50% winners on the Derby, Preakness and Belmont Stakes over the last 19 years. If punters were to wager only on my checklist leader and second best point getter for the last 19 years they would have an ROI of 203% in the Derby, 143% profit in the Belmont and 23% profit in the Preakness.

The main thrust of the book is the forming of the checklists from specific racing and pedigree factors which create strong impact values and strong ROIs (For examples: final fraction times in major prep races, Beyer speed figures, track variants, sire lines, family numbers, conduit mares and the presence of certain stallions in the X passing position are some of the factors that are used in the checklists).

The package includes the book, completed checklists emailed on the Thursday before each leg of the Triple Crown, and my longshot recommendations plus my comments on each race.

If interested contact American Turf Monthly at 1-800-645-2240 and ask for Stanley Caris' Triple Crown book and the package that goes along with it.

If you have any questions about the above feel free to post them in this thread. Or you can email me at [email protected]

wgc517
Allowance Winner

Postby wgc517 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:47 pm

How long did you go back to see if your strategies work? Was it more than 19 years? Just wondering how big the sample size is. Sound like interesting reading. Best of luck with it.

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

how long back

Postby stancaris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:06 pm

wgc517

Regarding some of the factors I went back 40 years. For example with the Raise A Native sire line I went back to 1969 and included all the horses that ever raced in the Derby who had that lineage.