derby punning

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

derby punning

Postby stancaris » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:03 am

To all: Somebody asked me today if I was going to wager on Verrazano and I told him I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I really do not think it is Revolutionary to wager on a horse that did not start at age 2 but a colt could be Orbiting by him in the late stages (Orb). Too bad we cannot wager 10 cent superfectas because if we could it would be like throwing away Goldencents. In the Lines of Battle a Normandy Invasion Will Take Charge and our Java War commander will say Itsmyluckyday. Lets hope the Falling Sky doesn't bury us.

From now on let us not Overanalyze Derby contenders and say since no girl has ever booted home a winner of the roses that Rosie can't win the Roses.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:21 am

My question is... you like Orb to win? Or Javas War?

And your longshot pick is Falling Sky?

It's Monday morning.

stancaris
Restricted Stakes Winner

punny reply

Postby stancaris » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Cree: I have not yet crossed that bridge and I will not come up with any of my selections until after I see the post position draw. If any of my contenders draws the kiss of death 1 post he will be eliminated from consideration. Only 1 winner since 1986 came from the 1 post and that was Ferdinand. With the 20 horse field it makes it even tougher today for the dreaded 1 post.