Kentucky Oaks

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Fri May 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Blah blah blah Dreaming of Julia Kentucky Derby - 2 seconds faster than the Florida Derby blah blah blah

Times are irrelevant when are you Yanks going to learn this?
Edited by Moderator

jagger
Grade III Winner

Bill

Postby jagger » Fri May 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Bill,

It appears, based on this one horse in this one race, that the upper limits which have been exceeded by many of the Midnight Lute foals as regards the conduit mare profile, might be 8.5 furlongs. I hope this trend does not continue tomorrow though.

If I were to bet on one horse tomorrow, it would be Revolutionary, coming out of the 3 door with Calvin in the irons. Just can't imagine how this horse will fail to hit the board. Seems like he MUST be included in all exotics.

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Fri May 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Revolutionary is my top pick, just above Orb. Off track should be a plus for Revolutionary as well.
Good luck to all tomorrow.
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

jagger
Grade III Winner

Nirvana

Postby jagger » Fri May 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Nirvana achieved. My top two coincide with Bill!!! :D We vary only in 3rd pick. I think you have Lines of Battle and I have Palace Malice.

diomed
Grade III Winner

Postby diomed » Fri May 03, 2013 7:52 pm

dublino wrote:Blah blah blah Dreaming of Julia Kentucky Derby - 2 seconds faster than the Florida Derby blah blah blah

Times are irrelevant when are you Yanks going to learn this?

Blah, blah, blah yourself. I am still standing behind this group of fillies and Julia. She actually ran a very good race considering her trip. The fillies are better than the colts. I am not impressed with tomorrow's group. There should have been 3 fillies in the Derby this year based on talent.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sat May 04, 2013 4:59 am

diomed wrote:Blah, blah, blah yourself. I am still standing behind this group of fillies and Julia. She actually ran a very good race considering her trip. The fillies are better than the colts. I am not impressed with tomorrow's group. There should have been 3 fillies in the Derby this year based on talent.

This is going to be one of the best Derby's in recent memory.
Horses in this race will define bloodstock in the next 20 years, not only in America but around the world.
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat May 04, 2013 5:17 am

dublino wrote:
diomed wrote:Blah, blah, blah yourself. I am still standing behind this group of fillies and Julia. She actually ran a very good race considering her trip. The fillies are better than the colts. I am not impressed with tomorrow's group. There should have been 3 fillies in the Derby this year based on talent.

This is going to be one of the best Derby's in recent memory.
Horses in this race will define bloodstock in the next 20 years, not only in America but around the world.

Hi Dub,
I tend to agree....let's hope the probability of rain doesn't ruin the Derby outcome? In any case the odds board has taken a shift....below are the current top 10 wagering choices. TJ

Goldencents 5-1 (slight choice)
Revolutionary 5-1
Orb 6-1
Normandy Invasion 8-1
Itsmyluckyday and Verrazano both 11-1
Mylute and Overanalyze both 14-1
Frac Daddy 15-1
Java's War 22-1