Official Belmont Stakes Entries and Post Positions

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Official Belmont Stakes Entries and Post Positions

Postby TJ » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:05 am

Official Belmont Stakes field with post position:

1. Frac Daddy, K. McPeek, A. Garcia 30-1
2. Freedom Child, T. Albertrani, L. Saez 8-1
3. Overanalyze, T. Pletcher, J. Velazquez 12-1
4. Giant Finish, A. Dutrow, E. Prado 30-1
5. Orb, C. McGaughey III, J. Rosario 3-1
6. Incognito, K. McLaughlin, I. Ortiz Jr. 20-1
7. Oxbow, D.W. Lukas, G. Stevens 5-1
8. Midnight Taboo, T. Pletcher, G. Gomez 30-1
9. Revolutionary, T. Pletcher, J. Castellano 9-2
10. Will Take Charge, D.W. Lukas, J. Court 20-1
11. Vyjack, R. Rodriguez, J. Leparoux 20-1
12. Palace Malice, T. Pletcher, M. Smith 15-1
13. Unlimited Budget (f), T. Pletcher, R. Napravnik 8-1
14. Golden Soul, D. Stewart, R. Albarado 10-1
Last edited by TJ on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Here's the past performances for the Belmont Stakes in DRF format. They are currently not listed in post position order, but are in alphabetical order. TJ
http://www.belmontstakes.com/UserFiles/ ... 052013.pdf

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Orb. I think he will run a better race Saturday than he did during the Preakness.

Freedom Child has also struck me as the horse to beat.

Pletcher's horses don't sound like they have been training spectacularly, except maybe media star Palace Malice (and I just read in a DRF article they think he looks like his future will be the turf- by the way he moves). I don't think Pletcher will win with his 1/3 of the field.

I also like Golden Soul. Why not? Anything can happen. Golden Soul has had a 5-week break, he seemed to like the rain on Derby Day too.

Orb-Freedom Child-Golden Soul.
Maybe throw in Giant Finish and Oxbow in the superfecta.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Orb, Revolutionary and Golden Soul will be thereabouts.

I think the Derby form will stand up throughout the year I think it was a good Derby, time will tell.
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:21 am

Orb: seems to be back on track after getting beat in the pace-less Preakness. If he's right, he should win easily.
Freedom Child: Very improved 3YO colt. After watching the Wood replay, he probably should have won that race with a clean break. Look at the start, the assistant starter held him and fell out of the gate with Freedom Child when he left. He still makes a good run to get in contention after all that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDn5cdnMpzs
Palace Malice: His last race should have been a light bulb moment and Smith has the experience to take advantage of his speed in the Belmont.
Will Take Charge: Was rolling in the Derby till blocked. He's a big horse, once he's blocked he's not going to get rolling again. Jon Court knows this horse, gets the mount back and he should love "big sandy".
Unlimited Budget: nice filly, she may just fit in here?

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:52 am

Freedom Child looks like a deer bounding after them, and he looked like he was mad.

On looks alone, Will Take Charge is the winner. That picture on Bloodhorse of him grazing wow'd me.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 am

Cree wrote:Freedom Child looks like a deer bounding after them, and he looked like he was mad.

On looks alone, Will Take Charge is the winner. That picture on Bloodhorse of him grazing wow'd me.

Hi Cree,
Yes, he had to run like a deer to catch up with the field....that's why he was finished after that fast run to get into contention. He has a funny way of running....his tail is up in the air like a horse turned out in a big field running free for the first time in his life:>) Here's how he ran in the Peter Pan, after the Wood fiasco. He was hesitant leaving the gate, guess he didn't forget his Wood experience....but took off like a deer through the lane with his tail extended and in the air:>) He looks happy doing it once he got a proper chance. TJ
http://www1.drf.com/displayVideo.do?tra ... ountry=USA

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Yes, he definitely has a unique way of going, I do like how he puts his tail up like that...looks like he is enjoying himself.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Here's the official past performances with post positions. TJ
http://www1.drf.com/formulator-web/Free ... ce-race/11