The GR I Wood Memorial

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:54 pm

Poof....there goes 8 million:>) Social Inclusion got worked up, broke out and fell apart through the lane....but it was still a very good race. Wicked Strong now throws his hat into the ring and his style may just bring him to the top of his class. This is a much better horse then he showed in Florida. Samraat still a tough customer. The triple was very generous:>) TJ

Wicked Strong
Samraat
Social Inclusion
Schivarelli

Mac
Allowance Winner

Postby Mac » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Great racing today...just everywhere. Like some commentator was saying it was sensory overload. From California Chrome's to Wicked Strong's performance and all the great filly races...too much fun!

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:19 am

I still like Social Inclusion he got tired late and on Aqueducts "dirt".
Edited by Moderator

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:32 am

What about this horse Medal Count by Dynaformer he is a May 1 foal just won the Transylvania Stakes at Keenland on poly - beaten down the field in the Breeders Cup Juvenile - sounds like I am writing a script for a movie, wonder if he will be 50/1 on Derby day?
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:34 am

dublino wrote:What about this horse Medal Count by Dynaformer he is a May 1 foal just won the Transylvania Stakes at Keenland on poly - beaten down the field in the Breeders Cup Juvenile - sounds like I am writing a script for a movie, wonder if he will be 50/1 on Derby day?

Hi Dub,
Medal Count is better over turf and synthetic...he ran fairly well on the dirt in the Fountain of Youth finishing 5th ahead of Commissioner. Currently Medal Count is ineligible to run in the Derby. Romans would have to bring him back (on short notice) and run 1st or 2nd in the Blue Grass at Keeneland in order to get the needed points to be in the Derby. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:42 am

dublino wrote:I still like Social Inclusion he got tired late and on Aqueducts "dirt".

Hi Dub,
I agree, but he is another who doesn't have the necessary points to be allowed to race in the Derby. Currently number 22 with only 20 points....he could get lucky if others in front of him withdraw....and we still have 2 major point preps and the 10 point wildcard prep....so I guess he has a long shot chance to get in?? TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Wicked Strong received a 104 beyer in his return to form in the Wood. Here's the race. TJ
http://www1.drf.com/displayVideo.do?tra ... ountry=USA

TJ
Darley line

Re:

Postby TJ » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 am

dublino wrote:What about this horse Medal Count by Dynaformer he is a May 1 foal just won the Transylvania Stakes at Keenland on poly - beaten down the field in the Breeders Cup Juvenile - sounds like I am writing a script for a movie, wonder if he will be 50/1 on Derby day?

Hi Dub,
Roman's announced he will enter Medal Count in the Blue Grass....off just 8 days rest, in a last ditch attempt to get the necessary points to run in the Derby. TJ

dublino
Grade I Winner

Re: The GR I Wood Memorial

Postby dublino » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Yeah just seen your topic on the entries - one to keep an eye on....
Edited by Moderator