Commanding Curve

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Commanding Curve

Postby TJ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:30 am

Commanding Curve is on the bubble for trainer Dallas Stewart with 20 points after finishing 3rd in the Louisiana Derby. Seems like an easy task for him to get in considering last season when his Golden Soul had only 14 points. We all remember Golde Soul was the last horse to get in and ran 2nd to Orb at 35-1. Funny this same trainer finds himself in the same spot, waiting on the bubble. At this point, if he's the last horse in the Derby field again...I mean how much luck can one guy have? I for one believe if he's that lucky, you better use him in the gimmicks :>) It will be up to Baffert and Chitu to decide his fate? TJ

TJ
Darley line

Re: Commanding Curve

Postby TJ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Looks like Baffert changed his mind and will enter Chitu in the Derby and Bayern in the GR III Derby Trial on opening day at CD.
Tough break for Dallas and Commanding Curve, although guess it's possible there could be another scratch before the Derby? TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat May 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Dallas did it again, 2nd at 35-1:>) TJ

jagger
Grade III Winner

Postby jagger » Sun May 04, 2014 3:35 pm

I REALLY like "The Curve" for The Belmont.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon May 05, 2014 4:03 pm

jagger wrote:I REALLY like "The Curve" for The Belmont.

Hi Jagger,
The connections of Commanding Curve to skip the Preakness and will point CC (Hmm...wasn't there another CC who just ran in the Derby too?:>) to the Belmont Stakes. TJ

jagger
Grade III Winner

Postby jagger » Mon May 05, 2014 7:19 pm

TJ wrote:
jagger wrote:I REALLY like "The Curve" for The Belmont.

Hi Jagger,
The connections of Commanding Curve to skip the Preakness and will point CC (Hmm...wasn't there another CC who just ran in the Derby too?:>) to the Belmont Stakes. TJ

Not surprised. His pedigree is better suited for the longer rather than the shorter race.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Wed May 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Or, he could just be another Golden Soul.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed May 07, 2014 3:37 pm

geowarrior wrote:Or, he could just be another Golden Soul.

Hi Geo,
You could be right about that....but CC all ready served his purpose in the Derby:>) The Belmont always tends to carry speed, yet so many believe, because a horse closes from far back he should have an advantage in the Belmont Stakes. One only has to return to last year to see Palace Malice and Oxbow, prominent throughout to run one, two with Orb coming from 13th position for third. A close look at those who enter the Belmont this season and the probable pace scenario, should help decide if CC can come from off the pace to win the Belmont, or if he's just another flash in the pan like Golden Soul. TJ