Preakness Probables

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Re: Preakness Probables

Postby TJ » Wed May 13, 2015 3:05 pm

dublino wrote:Strange move from a guy who is alledgedly a billionaire adding another horse to a field when he is taking up his triple crown chances and will look rather silly if Mr Z named after him bets or interferes with his horse.

An insanely dumb sale for a few $$$ - greed is a terrible thing, enter Karma.

I see AP has drawn post 1 and only 1 winner since 1960 Tabasco Cat in 1994 won from post 1.

Dortmund 2 and Mr Z 3 - carnage at the break and run to the turn with firing line drawn 8.

Hi Dub,
Not as strange as it seems. Lukas isn't in the habit of being told what to do concerning his horses. He wanted to run in the Preakness with this horse so he had one of his other owners buy this horse. It probably signals the end of the relationship with Zayat....but the sale also makes for a smooth transition. The owner didn't need the money, but he wasn't going to run Mr. Z back in the Preakness. So Lukas called an audible with the sale and Zayat gave Lukas his druthers, without going against his principles. Both Zayat and Lukas are happy now:>) TJ

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Wed May 13, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm with Dublino on how this might play out. Mr. Z is capable of some quite spectacular lugging.

I'm a little surprise that Mr. "all about the horse" Zayat sold Mr. Z to Calumet knowing full well that the result would be to run him in the Preakness.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed May 13, 2015 4:57 pm

geowarrior wrote:I'm with Dublino on how this might play out. Mr. Z is capable of some quite spectacular lugging.

I'm a little surprise that Mr. "all about the horse" Zayat sold Mr. Z to Calumet knowing full well that the result would be to run him in the Preakness.

Hi Geo,
The sale was probably a peace offering and I expect Zayat to leave Lukas after this. Listen to the Lukas video I posted here. He said he thinks he fixed the lugging. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting the horse to win....but this is a Lukas specialty winning with bombs, it wouldn't surprise me after AP and Dortmund drew two bad posts.
I just took a look at the winning posts the last 26 years:
1-1
2-0
3-2
4-4
5-1
6-4
7-6
8-2
9-2
10-1
11-1
12-1
13-1

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Wed May 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Did Zayat retain an interest at all?

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed May 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Cree wrote:Did Zayat retain an interest at all?

Hi Cree,
No he sold him outright to Calumet Farm. Calumet and Lukas won the Preakness with Oxbow in 2013 paying $32.80. TJ