Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:55 pm 
Darley line

Hi Jellac,
Glad to have you with us....the more the merrier. Don't know why more members don't chime in. We all pick a lot more losers then winners, Geo and me just proved that....we both picked the last place horse (Paganol) last:>) TJ
Hi Geo,
If you don't see the entries for the next contest race....send a post and wake me up. Should be available by a week from Wednesday (June 24...two week interval to the next one).
You know I never entered the contest, because I thought it was just impossible to win it....but Jellac said you can enter late, so maybe I'll take a look too....Cree, did you get in on this easy contest? TJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:28 pm 
Leading Sire

TJ wrote:
Hi Jellac,
Glad to have you with us....the more the merrier. Don't know why more members don't chime in. We all pick a lot more losers then winners, Geo and me just proved that....we both picked the last place horse (Paganol) last:>) TJ
Hi Geo,
If you don't see the entries for the next contest race....send a post and wake me up. Should be available by a week from Wednesday (June 24...two week interval to the next one).
You know I never entered the contest, because I thought it was just impossible to win it....but Jellac said you can enter late, so maybe I'll take a look too....Cree, did you get in on this easy contest? TJ

Yes, :o you can enter late, and one good race can set you up for a win :lol: ! If you do enter the contest, you will get a reminder after the draw is held that it's time to make your picks.

I was thrilled to pick the last place horse. I'm still smarting from the time when I loudly proclaimed that Mine That Bird would finish last in his Derby - I don't have a good record of picking the last place finisher :roll: .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:06 pm 
Darley line

Next up in the contest is a full field of 11 horses. Lets see who can pick the exact order of finish in this one....good luck, we'll need it:>) Below are the past performances. TJ

9th Race. The Gold Cup at Santa Anita (Grade I)
Purse $500,000 Guaranteed: One Mile And One Quarter on dirt
FOR THEEE-YEAR-OLDS AND UPWARD.
1 BATTI MAN (ARG) (L) '08 G 119 Perez, F Tom Mansor Kristin Mulhall
2 HARD ACES (L) '10 H 119 Espinoza, V Hronis Racing, LLC John Sadler
3 POSHSKY (L) '10 G 119 Prat, F Silver Ranch Stable, LLC or Wachtel Stable Peter Miller
4 MOTOWN MEN (L) '09 G 119 Baze, T Gulliver Racing, LLC Ted H. West
5 MAJESTIC CITY (L) '09 H 119 Lopez, C Bloom Racing Stable, LLC Richard Baltas
6 HOPPERTUNITY (L) '11 C 121 Garcia, M Pegram, Watson or Weitman Bob Baffert
7 BIG CAZANOVA (ARG) (L) '09 R 119 Nakatani, C Dona Licha or Barber or Wachtel Stable, Et Al Peter Miller
8 MORENO (L) '10 G 121 Velasquez, C Southern Equine Stable, LLC Eric Guillot
9 CATCH A FLIGHT (ARG) (L) '10 H 119 Stevens, G Haras Santa Maria de Araras, Inc. Richard Mandella
10 LIDERIS (L) '10 H 119 Talamo, J Dona Licha Peter Miller
11 FINNEGANS WAKE (L) '09 H 124 Smith, M Donegal Racing or Rockingham Ranch Peter Miller

Click on Hoppertunity, Ultimate PP's: http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatc ... ummary.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:46 pm 
Leading Sire

Not the best Gold Cup field - this is a hard one. Thanks for the PP's, TJ, I'll post my picks later.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:56 am 
Breeder's Cup Winner

I am looking to Catch A Flight for the win again.
I am curious about the big bruiser, Finnegans Wake. He has really blossomed lately, he's quite the horse to watch running straight on (!!!), but I really like the confidence he has had lately. He doesn't have terrible form on dirt. I like him for a piece.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoppertunity run a much better race this time.

Catch A Flight
Hoppertunity
Finnegans Wake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:51 pm 
Darley line

Cree wrote:
I am looking to Catch A Flight for the win again.
I am curious about the big bruiser, Finnegans Wake. He has really blossomed lately, he's quite the horse to watch running straight on (!!!), but I really like the confidence he has had lately. He doesn't have terrible form on dirt. I like him for a piece.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoppertunity run a much better race this time.

Catch A Flight
Hoppertunity
Finnegans Wake

Hi Cree,
Did you sign up for the contest? If lightning striles you'll get a nice prize:>)......You have to pick the top 10 finishers in each of the races in the contest. I signed up last week and just entered my first picks in this race.
This was my entry....Moreno, Hoppertunity, Catch A Flight, Hard Aces, Finnegans Wake, Majestic City, Motown Men, Big Cazanova, Lideris, Batti Man. TJ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:15 pm 
Leading Sire

Ok here's mine: Catch a Flight, Moreno, Finnegan's Wake, Hard Aces, Hoppertunity, Majestic City, Motown Men, Batti Man, Big Cazanova, Poshski.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 pm 
Darley line

Breeders Cup here we come:>) TJ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:41 pm 
Breeder's Cup Winner

Unfortunately the contest is for USA residents only. I am in the lovely country of Canada :-)
Good luck everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:54 pm 
Darley line

Cree wrote:
Unfortunately the contest is for USA residents only. I am in the lovely country of Canada :-)
Good luck everyone.

Hi Cree,
Darn...that stinks. If I win more then one ticket for the BC....I'll send you one:>) TJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:05 am 
Breeder's Cup Winner

Thanks TJ.
I will hold you to that. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:59 pm 
Darley line

Here's the first 4, will enter the rest when the charts comes up. TJ
Hard Aces
Hoppertunity
Catch A Flight
Finnegans Wake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:15 pm 
Breeder's Cup Winner

Did anyone have Hard Aces?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:23 pm 
Darley line

Cree wrote:

It's easier to win the triple and super then it is to win this game. I boxed my first 4 in the Tri and my first 5 in the super for $1 each. Came back pretty good. But I don't think I got a point in the contest after picking the top 4 in my first 5 selections....Your pick had the 2nd place horse in the right position, so you wudda beat me and Geo in the contest...TJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:42 pm 
Darley line

TJ wrote:
Cree wrote:

It's easier to win the triple and super then it is to win this game. I boxed my first 4 in the Tri and my first 5 in the super for $1 each. Came back pretty good. But I don't think I got a point in the contest after picking the top 4 in my first 5 selections....Your pick had the 2nd place horse in the right position, so you wudda beat me and Geo in the contest...TJ

I just realized....I made a mistake. I figured wrong....I had the 2nd and 3rd picks in correct order for 170 points. That's better then the zero I thought I had:>) TJ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next