Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game

Postby geowarrior » Fri May 29, 2015 12:50 pm

TJ
Darley line

Re: Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game

Postby TJ » Fri May 29, 2015 1:12 pm

geowarrior wrote:I think I might play this - should be fun. Anyone else going to do this?

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/92253/breeders-cup-fantasy-game-returns-for-2015
http://www.milliondollarfinish.com

Hi Geo,
Looks like fun, but way to tough to win:>) I'm going to post the races involved in the contest as soon as they are drawn in this section, as we did for the Derby Point Races. TJ

Belmont Stakes June 6, 2015

Stephen Foster June 13, 2015

Gold Cup at Santa Anita June 27, 2015

Belmont Oaks not the Suburban Handicap July 4, 2015

Haskell Invitational August 2, 2015

Whitney Handicap August 8, 2015

Travers Stakes August 29, 2015

Woodward Stakes September 5, 2015

Jockey Club Gold Cup October 3, 2015

Spinster Stakes October 4, 2015
Last edited by TJ on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sat May 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Winning it would be like winning a lottery, but fun to play.

Thanks for the list, TJ.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun May 31, 2015 1:05 pm

geowarrior wrote:Winning it would be like winning a lottery, but fun to play.

Thanks for the list, TJ.

Hi Geo,
You're welcome....get ready the first one, the Belmont Stakes....they enter this Wednesday and the draw will be held at Rockefeller Plaza, in NY City. TJ

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Ok, so I got one horse right (American Pharoah) in the Belmont - need to rack up some points on the next one, which is the Stephen Foster so I can move out of 6545 place.

Anyone else do better than me on the first leg? I like the prize for each leg - a trip to the Breeders' Cup would be a pretty nice thing to win.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi Geo,
Here's the field and past performances for the Stephen Foster Handicap. Click on Ultimate PP's across from Commissioner. TJ
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatc ... ummary.htm

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks TJ. What are your thoughts on the Stephen Foster? It's a pretty strong field.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:40 am

geowarrior wrote:Thanks TJ. What are your thoughts on the Stephen Foster? It's a pretty strong field.

Hi Geo,
Not confident in my opinion, too many question marks for me? Since the contest calls for picking the exact order of finish in each of the horses in the contest races: Lea, Commissioner, Hoppertunity, Cat Burglar, Noble Bird, Majestic Harbor, Paganol, . TJ

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Ok so I'm going Commissioner, Lea, Cat Burglar, Noble Bird, Hoppertunity, Majestic Harbor, Paganol.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:58 pm

geowarrior wrote:Ok so I'm going Commissioner, Lea, Cat Burglar, Noble Bird, Hoppertunity, Majestic Harbor, Paganol.

Hi Geo,
Use your own best judgement. Picking the field in order is probably tougher then seeing another TC winner come our way:>) Good Luck! TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:17 am

Hi Geo,
I got 3rd and last correct...you got 2nd and last correct. it's fun, but pretty impossible to do:>) Before it's over one of us will do it. TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:32 am

Nice win by Noble Bird to hold off Lea. He's really developing into a nice horse.
Lea ran a really gutsy race too.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:08 am

Cree wrote:Nice win by Noble Bird to hold off Lea. He's really developing into a nice horse.
Lea ran a really gutsy race too.

Hi Cree,
I agree...Noble Bird ran very game and he's only 4, might be a tough handicap horse down the road. Casse is also starting to get the job done in these big ones more often....it's good to see, he's a good trainer. Looking forward to seeing Casse's Conquest Curlinate return to the races. I read your post....should be interesting to see how he does over synthetic?
if that course is like other synthetics, they are biased toward closers....could help him? TJ

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:52 am

Geowarrior, TJ and Cree -

Your collective handicapping and race discussions have made this BC Fantasy Game altogether too enticing - (well, also some credit goes to the sponsor NBC who've made the registration/sign-up and instructions quite easy to understand and implement). So now I've belatedly joined the 'field' trying to earn a free trip to the Breeder's Cup at Keeneland this fall!!! :wink:

Looking forward to the next race....am sorry I missed out on what was likely the only 'gimme' for winner in this lineup - AMERICAN PHAROAH's Belmont/Triple Crown!!!! (In the 'hindsight is always 100%' category: I might have also got the second place in that race and last...but in between those finish positions it was all 'Alphabet Soup' in my handicapping efforts.) Now I look forward to struggling to match Geowarrior's 6545th placement right out of the gate LOL!!!

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:31 am

jellac wrote:Geowarrior, TJ and Cree -

Your collective handicapping and race discussions have made this BC Fantasy Game altogether too enticing - (well, also some credit goes to the sponsor NBC who've made the registration/sign-up and instructions quite easy to understand and implement). So now I've belatedly joined the 'field' trying to earn a free trip to the Breeder's Cup at Keeneland this fall!!! :wink:

Looking forward to the next race....am sorry I missed out on what was likely the only 'gimme' for winner in this lineup - AMERICAN PHAROAH's Belmont/Triple Crown!!!! (In the 'hindsight is always 100%' category: I might have also got the second place in that race and last...but in between those finish positions it was all 'Alphabet Soup' in my handicapping efforts.) Now I look forward to struggling to match Geowarrior's 6545th placement right out of the gate LOL!!!

Welcome, Jellac. This is fun, but I'm sorry to tell you the bar is now higher because I moved up to 3868th! And thank you again TJ for providing the PP's and the insight.