Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Frosted
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:29 pm 
Offline
Darley line
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:54 am
Posts: 5936
Location: FL, NY
Kiaran McLaughlin, is one of the nicest guys and best trainers on the NY circuit. He's overcome quite a bit in his career and worked very hard to be where he is today. He continues to battle multiple sclerosis since 1998 and has his good and bad days....yet he never complains and gets out there and does what he has to daily. His brother Neal has been right there with him since his brother's time as trainer in Dubai (1993-2003). Here's a short video of Kiaran and Frosted and boy they both look very well. This is the Greentree annex in Saratoga Springs, where the work takes place. Frosted worked 5/8ths in 59 and galloped out 3/4's in 1:12. The good thing about training for Godolphin is they can buy whatever they want:>) They've owned the old Greentree annex for many years now and it affords Kiaran the ability to do things his way. Frosted worked clockwise, which is in terms of American racing....the wrong way. Yet it certainly helps in maintaining a healthy and balanced race horse. Watch the video below, we get to see Frosted finishing up his breeze as well as some words from Kiaran. It would be great to see him get lucky in the BC Classic...though Frosted is just one of many nice horses that have the ability to get the job done in this years Classic. Enjoy the video, TJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OcI6mBkxGg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frosted
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:21 am 
Offline
Starters Handicap

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:35 am
Posts: 679
Nice post and thanks for the link.

I would love to see them do it...they are very nice people. But...he's running against my favorite mare of all time....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frosted
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:55 am 
Offline
Breeder's Cup Winner

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:34 pm
Posts: 2180
Interesting that they train them going the other way. Kiaran just seems like such a nice man, and Frosted is a lovely looking colt - hope to see them do well at Breeders Cup!
Ditto on Beholder. :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frosted
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:27 pm 
Offline
Grade III Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:36 pm
Posts: 1149
Location: New England & Florida
The point of training right-handed out of consideration for the health and safety of the horses is common sensical and well-taken. I'd like to see it accommodated as common practice at specified times at all tracks.

It's also very encouraging to see three such competitive colts from the crop still in fine fettle and ready to fight. It's a credit to their breeders and trainers and reinforces the sport.

_________________
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frosted
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:11 am 
Offline
Grade II Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:40 am
Posts: 1478
Location: NH
He turned in a very nice 5f work last week... 59 and change, I believe. He was my bet in the Derby and a definite favorite of mine (who doesn't love a grey TB?)... too many horses I like in the Classic! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frosted
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:36 am 
Offline
Darley line
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:54 am
Posts: 5936
Location: FL, NY
skeenan wrote:
He turned in a very nice 5f work last week... 59 and change, I believe. He was my bet in the Derby and a definite favorite of mine (who doesn't love a grey TB?)... too many horses I like in the Classic! :D

Hi Skeenan,
Yes he did, check the first post....he worked in 59 and galloped out 3/4's in 1:12 over the polytrack at Greentree Training Center. You can see the tail end of his breeze in the video posted there. TJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frosted
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:47 pm 
Offline
Darley line
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:54 am
Posts: 5936
Location: FL, NY
TJ wrote:
Kiaran McLaughlin, is one of the nicest guys and best trainers on the NY circuit. He's overcome quite a bit in his career and worked very hard to be where he is today. He continues to battle multiple sclerosis since 1998 and has his good and bad days....yet he never complains and gets out there and does what he has to daily. His brother Neal has been right there with him since his brother's time as trainer in Dubai (1993-2003). Here's a short video of Kiaran and Frosted and boy they both look very well. This is the Greentree annex in Saratoga Springs, where the work takes place. Frosted worked 5/8ths in 59 and galloped out 3/4's in 1:12. The good thing about training for Godolphin is they can buy whatever they want:>) They've owned the old Greentree annex for many years now and it affords Kiaran the ability to do things his way. Frosted worked clockwise, which is in terms of American racing....the wrong way. Yet it certainly helps in maintaining a healthy and balanced race horse. Watch the video below, we get to see Frosted finishing up his breeze as well as some words from Kiaran. It would be great to see him get lucky in the BC Classic...though Frosted is just one of many nice horses that have the ability to get the job done in this years Classic. Enjoy the video, TJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OcI6mBkxGg

I've always been a big supporter of Kiaran's....anyone that's noticed, every chance I get, I have nothing but praise for him. Met him a long time ago when he was hustling Chris Antley's book. I just had to share this story about him, makes you want to see him win the Dubai World Cup and the Derby this year. He is one tough dude and a great father, husband, trainer and overall good man. TJ
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -his-derby


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frosted
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 am 
Offline
Grade III Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:36 pm
Posts: 1149
Location: New England & Florida
Amazing man; amazing resume. I found Todd Pletcher's comments about him particularly telling. Thanks for posting the link.

_________________
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frosted
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:44 pm 
Offline
Darley line
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:54 am
Posts: 5936
Location: FL, NY
Patuxet wrote:
Amazing man; amazing resume. I found Todd Pletcher's comments about him particularly telling. Thanks for posting the link.

Hi Patuxet,
You're welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed it. TJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frosted
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:00 pm 
Offline
Breeder's Cup Winner

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:34 pm
Posts: 2180
I am a huge fan of his. He seems like about a good a guy as anyone, and I love how he trains them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group