Saturday's BC Races

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Re: Saturday's BC Races

Postby geowarrior » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:35 am

Despite my picks list I had a win bet on Stephanie's Kitten - my savior.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:39 am

Sprint:
Runhappy
Private Zone
Big Macher

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:57 am

Here's the finish in the BC Sprint:
Runhappy...just amazing!
Private Zone
Favorite Tale
Holy Boss

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:00 pm

That was quite a race. He is pretty incredible. Feel a little sorry for Private Zone running so well.

My day includes one winner (Songbird), and a whole bunch of placings. Oh well. It's been quite enjoyable.
Last edited by Cree on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:01 pm

geowarrior wrote:Despite my picks list I had a win bet on Stephanie's Kitten - my savior.

The one pick I had that I didn't bet on... was awesome to see her come on at the end, I was cheering for her!

My last bets are for Pizza Man (sentimental bet) and a place/show bet on Frosted. I think AP is going to take the win (crossing fingers!), but based on Frosted's training, I think he'll be right there at the end. We'll see! :D

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:08 pm

Cree wrote:That was quite a race. He is pretty incredible. Feel a little sorry for Private Zone running so well.

My day includes one winner (Songbird), and a whole bunch of placings. Oh well. It's been quite enjoyable.

Hi Cree,
Yes...me too:>) But that's horse racing, very happy to see Edgar Prado get the win and ya gotta love Maria Borell getting the most out of the opportunity they gave her. Turns out she got the horse because he had a hairline fracture after his 2nd start and because she was a vet tec as well as exercise rider and trainer....she was recommended to rehab the horse. She did such a good job, they retained her as his trainer. Great story!! TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:42 pm

Here's the finish of the Mile:
Tepin...what a filly!
Mondialiste
Grand Arch
Mshawish

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:55 pm

Grand Arch running his usual solid race. I am quite delighted with him.
Mondialiste had a terrible trip and made up a ton of ground, but Tepin had life a lot easier.
I wonder now who will be the Champion Turf Mare this year - Stephanie's Kitten or Tepin?

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:03 pm

Cree wrote:Grand Arch running his usual solid race. I am quite delighted with him.
Mondialiste had a terrible trip and made up a ton of ground, but Tepin had life a lot easier.
I wonder now who will be the Champion Turf Mare this year - Stephanie's Kitten or Tepin?

Hi Cree,
Good question...I think I'd lean to Tepin. Yesterday I thought Stellar Wind may have taken the 3YO filly title finishing 2nd in the Distaff yesterday.
Tough day today....but will take a shot in the PK 3....spreading out and hoping for the bombs:>) TJ
It only takes one:>)...9th PK3...3,5,10,13 / 1,6,7 / 1,4,5,9

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Well, that was surprising. I'll just say this - I can never get behind a Doug O'Neill horse - which sometimes just ruins my betting.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Here's the finish in the Juvenile:
Nyquest
Swipe
Brody's Cause
Exxagerator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:25 pm

Cree wrote:Well, that was surprising. I'll just say this - I can never get behind a Doug O'Neill horse - which sometimes just ruins my betting.

Hi Cree,
I stuck with Nyquest even though they hit him with the shockwave therapy. It works very well....but I remember we discussed him before...I think a mile and an eighth is the furthest he will go. That gives me three on top....but doesn't help. I'm alive with my pick 3 and now have to hope for a bomb....might get even yet:>) TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:30 pm

These colts don't leave me inspired. I think we are right on the 9 furlongs for this colt. I also think that he has been an early maturing type where the rest of them will catch up with him. I can't seem him getting better.
That being said - GOOD job. I am jaded and can't seem to get past O'Neill. :-)

So, next up - do we have a super super star in Golden Horn, or should I look at somebody like Big Blue Kitten??? I just don't know.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:39 pm

I do think Golden Horn is a superstar.

I see The Pizza Man is taking some money.

As for Juveniles - did you see Swipe? At the longer distances next year I really fancy this son of Belmont winner Birdstone.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:40 pm

Cree wrote:These colts don't leave me inspired. I think we are right on the 9 furlongs for this colt. I also think that he has been an early maturing type where the rest of them will catch up with him. I can't seem him getting better.
That being said - GOOD job. I am jaded and can't seem to get past O'Neill. :-)

So, next up - do we have a super super star in Golden Horn, or should I look at somebody like Big Blue Kitten??? I just don't know.

Hi Cree,
The fact he used the shockwave on him all ready, I figured he wanted him at tops for this race. If he started that all ready, every good race he runs could cause it to recur under pressure of a winning race. I will be interested to see if he gets additional treatments when he returns to SA to prep for the Derby.
It does look like Golden Horn is a very good one....but the Euro's have been getting hurt today coming out of the gate. But this one should be OK, he's supposed to have good speed? You mentioned the two I like in the race....I threw in Twilight Eclipse for a price in my PK3. Good Luck, TJ