Next 2 Saturday's Loom Large For Derby Entrants

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Next 2 Saturday's Loom Large For Derby Entrants

Postby TJ » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Coming up this weekend 4/9 we have three 170 point races, The Wood Memorial, The Blue Grass Stakes and The Santa Anita Derby all at a mile and an eighth distance. The Wood will have a full field of top notch contenders including Shagaf and Outwork. The Blue Grass, another large field expected will include Zulu and Laoban. Finally the SA Derby will have the talented Danzing Candy, Mor Spirit and Exaggerator (this race is important for Exaggerator to definitely secure a spot in the Derby).
The following weekend 4/16, will be the final 170 point race, The Arkansas Derby. That same Saturday they run the wildcard race worth just 17 Derby points across the board, which will be The Lexington Stakes at a distance of 1 1/16th miles. Expected in the Arkansas Derby are Cupid, Creator, Whitmore and Suddenbreakingnews among others.
In the Lexington there won't be many looking to run in the Derby. But if they do, it will be a last ditch effort by a few hanging on the edges that need 10 points or less to jump over horses in front of them to make the Derby starting gate:>)
The horses mentioned are all probable starters, this Wednesday they draw entries for The Wood, The Blue Grass Stakes and The Santa Anita Derby...so sharpen your pencils and get ready for some serious handicapping, the Kentucky Derby is just around the corner:>) TJ

dublino
Grade I Winner

Re: Next 2 Saturday's Loom Large For Derby Entrants

Postby dublino » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:05 am

TJ I have a problem, there is no lead in my pencil..... :( :oops: :wink:
Edited by Moderator

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:14 am

I will find my Derby horse this weekend. I hope.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:17 pm

dublino wrote:TJ I have a problem, there is no lead in my pencil..... :( :oops: :wink:

Hi Dub,
Then sharpen your pen, because this is gonna be a couple good weekends of 3YO racing:>) TJ