2017 Saratoga Meet Begins

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

2017 Saratoga Meet Begins

Postby TJ » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:27 am

Happy to say Saratoga opened it's Summer Championship Meet today. Pretty much at least one stake a day through the end of the meet September 4th. Today is the GR III Schulerville Stakes for 2YO fillies and the Gr III Lake George Stakes for 3YO fillies on turf. TJ

jellac
Grade I Winner

Re: 2017 Saratoga Meet Begins

Postby jellac » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Loved Lady Eli's win today - she's all class (and professional determination!).

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Watching the races is making me super excited to be there in a few days! :D
I would have loved to watch Lady Eli's race in person.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:01 pm

jellac wrote:Loved Lady Eli's win today - she's all class (and professional determination!).

Hi Jellac,
I agree...she's just amazing, overcoming all she has and still able to beat the best in her class. You don't see that often. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:43 pm

skeenan wrote:Watching the races is making me super excited to be there in a few days! :D
I would have loved to watch Lady Eli's race in person.

Hi Skeenan,
Have a good time in Saratoga. If you get a chance, take a ride northbound out of town on 9N to Lake George (about 28 miles), it's a great tourist town....walk the streets loaded with shops and arcades. If you're lucky Frankenstein will be out walking around in front of his wax museum:>) Take a cruise on Lake George (32 miles long) on board the Minnie Ha Ha, the Mohican or Lac du Saint Sacrement which is the largest of the 3 vessels. If American history interests you, visit Fort William Henry (http://www.fwhmuseum.com/ ) which is right near by or a bit further north is Fort Ticonderoga ( http://www.fortticonderoga.org/learn/families. )...both historical museums. TJ

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:57 am

Hi, TJ,
My family and I have vacationed in Lake George for years. :D Fully agree, it is a wonderful place to visit and stay. :D I've been to all of the places you've mentioned, all great!

I'm excited that there is a steeplechase on the card for Thursday! I had no idea that they would host one. One of my favorite horse quotes is, "There are fools, damn fools, and those who remount in a steeplechase". :lol:

Abel Tasman ran a great race also:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/222708/gutsy-move-gets-abel-tasman-cca-oaks-win

**EDIT** Interesting coincidence... I looked at my OTTB's past performances, as I thought Bell raced at Saratoga. She's 17 now, I couldn't remember. She raced there once, in 2003... July 27, same day I picked to go to the track. :mrgreen: