HOFBURG

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Altanbarr
Allowance Winner

HOFBURG

Postby Altanbarr » Wed May 09, 2018 8:46 am

I don't feel so bad about picking Hofburg in the Derby after reading this from the revised chart: "HOFBURG bumped at the break, settled toward the inside, moved up into the far turn, steadied off heels soon after, steadied again leaving the five-sixteenths, altered out to advance between rivals into upper stretch and churned on to the wire." He made up 9 lengths in the stretch. Could still be a player this year.

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: HOFBURG

Postby Georgerz » Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 pm

I like Hofburg a lot too, and I believe that he can have a pretty good performance in the Belmont Stakes, if he runs.

TJ
Darley line

Re: HOFBURG

Postby TJ » Wed May 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Georgerz wrote:I like Hofburg a lot too, and I believe that he can have a pretty good performance in the Belmont Stakes, if he runs.

Hi George,
Many of the horses who were defeated in the Derby will take advantage of the time off and gear up for the Belmont Stakes. High on the list of probables is Hofburg as well as Pletcher's Vino Rosso and Audible. The first time I saw Hofburg he reminded me so much of Drosselmeyer, who won the Derby and the BC Classic the following year for Billy Mott...he was owned at that time by WinStar Farm LLC who has a piece of Justify as well as Audible for this years Belmont Stakes. TJ