The Belmont Stakes Probables/Possibles

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: The Belmont Stakes Probables/Possibles

Postby Joltman » Fri May 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Georgerz wrote:Thank you TJ for all you do on these boards. I always look forward to reading your postings.
Also today it's being reported that Noble Indy may be entered to run in the Belmont Stakes:

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/trip ... reshening/

I second the motion - thanks TJ

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri May 25, 2018 7:34 pm

Georgerz wrote:Thank you TJ for all you do on these boards. I always look forward to reading your postings.
Also today it's being reported that Noble Indy may be entered to run in the Belmont Stakes:

Hi George,
Thanks for both your comments G:>)...you are certainly staying on top of the changes as well and makes it easier for all of us on PQ to be up to date with about 2 weeks to go before the big dance.
The story within this story is the defection of Audible. Audible was supposed to work in company with Vino Rosso and Noble Indy was not going to start in the Belmont Stakes. After Pletcher spoke with Elliot Walden (CEO of WinStar) they decided Indy would run in the Belmont Stakes and Audible wasn't doing as well as he did going into the Derby and will take a break and return for the Summer 3YO races (Haskell, Travers, Jim Dandy etc.). So I'll add in Noble Indy and remove Audible. Thanks again for the update. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri May 25, 2018 7:46 pm

Joltman wrote:

I second the motion - thanks TJ

jm

Hi Jolt,
Thank you as well Jolt...you and George are making me blush:>) TJ

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat May 26, 2018 6:52 am

Throwing my two cents on - TJ is a treasure and a Great Contributor to the board.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat May 26, 2018 7:07 am

madelyn wrote:Throwing my two cents on - TJ is a treasure and a Great Contributor to the board.

Hi Madelyn,
I thank you very much...with that comment I just went from a red blush to a full on purple:>) TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat May 26, 2018 7:15 am

Today Saturday, 5/26...I missed this mornings gallops at CD, but read Justify galloped an easy and uneventful 1 1/2 miles.
Gronkowski put in his first breeze for Chad Brown over the main track at Belmont Park. Going with company he went a 1/2 in 48.07, galloped out 5/8ths in 1:00.20 and pulled up 3/4's in 1:13.90.
Blended Citizen, training over Belmont's main track also went a 1/2 in 47.61, galloped out 1:00.61 and got 3/4's pulling up in 1:14.90.
Will see if I can find any video's of Belmont contenders who worked this morning. TJ

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Sat May 26, 2018 11:35 am

Madelyn wrote:

"Throwing my two cents on - TJ is a treasure and a Great Contributor to the board."

I couldn't have said it any better. Madelyn, you too are a treasure, and I also follow your postings with interest. And it is not adulation, is stating the facts.

Regarding the Belmont Stakes, The Horse Nation site has this:

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... g_line_123

Which makes it ten probables for the race.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat May 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Georgerz wrote:Madelyn wrote:

"Throwing my two cents on - TJ is a treasure and a Great Contributor to the board."

I couldn't have said it any better. Madelyn, you too are a treasure, and I also follow your postings with interest. And it is not adulation, is stating the facts.

Regarding the Belmont Stakes, The Horse Nation site has this:

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... g_line_123

Which makes it ten probables for the race.

Hi George,
I agree, Madelyn is well versed and a good trainer to boot. I think we will be getting final decisions on Gronkowski, Free Drop Billy Lone Sailor and Bandua this coming week. Will wait on their connections final confirmation before moving them into the likely starters. I think after Gronkowski's solid work he will be given the green light by Chad Brown....Romans is always good at throwing mud on the wall and see what sticks:>) Lone Sailor is still being evaluated while Bandua is the dark horse, kind of interesting since Bravazo seems to be a solid contender so Calumet must think Bandua is OK? TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat May 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Here's the morning show/video of Justify training today 5/26. There are a couple talking heads that tend to put me to sleep. But the good news is we get to see Ten Fold who is a mighty good looking colt himself. He gallops in draw reins so he could probably be a handful at times. NOTE: most of today's action comes about halfway through the video and Ten Fold is at the end. TJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... dhR_5LqVoU

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun May 27, 2018 7:46 am

Today 5/27 the Churchill Downs main track was sloppy and sealed. More of the same for Justify as he builds up for a breeze. He continues to do a touch more each day and looks fantastic. Did not see Ten Fold out there today and it looked like Bravazo had an easy day jogging the wrong way. The talking heads really don't tell you what they did on track...so just guessed that Bravazo jogged since he had polo's on and irons dropped. No trainer sends a gallop-er out over a track like that unless they just walked in the back gate:>). Here's the morning show, once again they use video of previous gallops while they talk. But, you will know when it is today because the track is a little messy....TJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqCbrMrD8E
Last edited by TJ on Sun May 27, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Sun May 27, 2018 7:49 am

Trainer Tom Amoss said today that Lone Sailor will run next in the Ohio Derby, not the Belmont Stakes.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun May 27, 2018 7:53 am

Georgerz wrote:Trainer Tom Amoss said today that Lone Sailor will run next in the Ohio Derby, not the Belmont Stakes.

Hi George,
Thanks...will update. Chad Brown is almost certain to run Gronkowski in the Belmont Stakes but wants to see one more good move before confirming. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun May 27, 2018 8:21 am

Certainly looking like a top spoiler to Justify's TC bid, Hofburg breezed over Saratoga's training track (Oklahoma) Friday 5/25. He went a solid 3/4's in 1:13.43. Here's the article from Bloodhorse. TJ
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... or-belmont

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun May 27, 2018 8:47 am

Free Drop Billy was expected to breeze this AM during the Belmont Stakes runners time-slot, but he never appeared. The work was supposed to be the deciding factor in Roman's decision to run in the Belmont Stakes (or the Belmont Derby July 7th on the turf). It's obvious the track condition was the reason why he didn't make it....Romans repeatedly said he didn't appreciate the track condition in the Derby. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest, the track will be fast and Free Drop Billy will get his important work. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon May 28, 2018 5:22 am

On this Memorial Day 5/28 the action picked up for the Belmont Stakes contenders training at Churchill Downs.:
Justify...looked great today with Bob Baffert on hand to watch his star pupil, Justify picked up the the pace of his gallop close to a two-minute lick along the way. Looks like a breeze will be coming up tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.
Bravazo and Ten Fold were only touched on during the morning show, either they didn't do much or they trained earlier before the Belmont Stakes training window? It's obvious both should have galloped today even though we did't get to see it?
Free Drop Billy...worked a strong 5/8ths for Dale Romans. It will be this work that Romans will assess in order to make his decision whether to run in the Belmont Stakes. From what I saw, he looked fantastic in a powerful performance that has to give Free Drop Billy the green light to run in the Belmont. Free Drop Billy looked strong throughout in fractions of 12.3, 23.4, 35.3, 47, 59.3 and galloped out "strong and long" getting 3/4's in 1:12, 7/8ths in 1:25.1 and pulled up the mile in 1:39.4. Just a super, super move!
Will post the video when and if they put it online. TJ