Gosh it's been Quiet Here...

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

madelyn

Gosh it's been Quiet Here...

Postby madelyn » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:49 am

Are there no good races coming up? Breeder's Cup is less than a month away... any ideas on how those fields will shape up?

We are bracing for the incoming horses at Churchill and Keeneland Fall meets - fun to watch but no fun to run against :D
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: Gosh it's been Quiet Here...

Postby Cree » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:54 pm

I am looking forward to the Classic - Diversify vs. Accelerate. Have they said whether Catholic Boy is going in the Classic? Only him and Hofburg interest me in that race. I think Good Magic doesn't want that distance, and he's resting... and just not fast enough.

The Distaff should be excellent with Monomoy Girl taking on Abel Tasman and Elate (I am rooting for Elate there). Throw in Wonder Gadot, Midnight Bisou, and Eskimo Kisses for an excitement. I was really disappointed when Unique Bella retired, that would have been an epic race.

Some nice 2-year-olds this year in Instagrand, Sippican Harbor, Mind Control, Bellafina. I am pretty excited about the juvenile turf fillies, especially Glen Hill Farm's Summering and the recent MSW winner Kitten's Girl, a 1/2 sister to Canadian HOY and G1 winner, Up With The Birds.

The BC Dirt Mile should be good - Catalina Cruiser and City of Light off the top of my head. Battle of Midway should improve off his 2nd to Cruiser, and Mind Your Biscuits - is he going for this or the Sprint?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:35 am

Thanks Cree! Good recap.

I miss TJ's lineups! I've got to get back to work.. Miss Pinkerton in the 3rd tomorrow at Indiana - gotta get her ready.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:34 pm

I also miss very much the postings on this forum. TJ is invaluable, but we all need to put some effort in keeping the forums active and interesting. Thanks.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Lots of knowledgeable and experienced folks on this forum and great for people who really like the pedigree side of the game.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.