Please Critique Saluki Gold Rush: In Memoriam 2/23/09

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Bondama
Grade III Winner

Postby Bondama » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:40 pm

Awwwwwww, I like her. Can't pick her apart as it pertains to racing. And wouldn't pick her apart anyway. I think she's pretty, and still has more changing to do. I like her eyes, she doesn't appear to be a hothead. Nice filly!
Justice: When you get what you deserve.
Mercy: When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace: When you get what you don't deserve.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:33 pm

Here another nice looking gray with high leg markings for your mare
SALUKI GOLD RUSH:

His name is IRISH ROAD. See his photo at:

http://signaturestallions.com/images/si ... istview=1/

Summing up:

Snowbound Paisley
Marciano
Value Plus
Irish Road
Mystiko (too far away)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spex4me,

Albeit his leg markings can't be seen, Maybrys Boy's nostrils are pure sabino. See his picture just as that of Irish Road (previous thread)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-regi ... RYear=2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, looks like Saluki Gold Rush's future son or daughter can be named "Dream Harmony", "American Idol", "Del Mar Match" or even "Greytt Legs"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

spex4me
Grade I Winner

UPDATED NOW A NOT TOO TERRIBLE 2 YEAR OLD

Postby spex4me » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Just updating Spex aka Saluki Gold Rush, horrible pics today but I wanted to stay on my 3 month average of slapping her pic/progress up.

I think our Strawberry Roan girl is starting the charcoal transition on her rump and shoulders, but then again she also still looks to have a deep red base in that too. (Grey owners feel free to pipe in with what to expect next) This is really fun as it is like owning 10 different horses in one package as far as colors go!! lol

More horrible pix:
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l86/depbel/?action=view&current=PHOT0014.jpg

also link to her pony training with our pasture ornament hopefully soon to be pony horse Holt (grulla)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEgjtI7Ls_E
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: SNOWBOUND PAISLEY with her! :lol: :lol: :lol:

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:24 pm

LOL Preaching to the choir on that Jorge, especially if she leans towards the sport horse side of things..... she is already showing that she does like to jump things rather than go around them lol!!! :wink:

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:56 am

*******ETA********* Mods feel free to toss this into the color forum.... it may be more appropriate there!! Thx!! :)

I wish I knew how to change the header of this topic b/c someone could say she looks like a rat and I wouldn't care anymore lol!!! But I am just slapping pics up about every three months in case anyone is interested in how much a horse (very lightly trained as of now) changes physically and also her coloring ...... which to my suprise she's holding :? :? ....... She is heading back to the track this weekend, so hopefully she'll settle in better by herself than when she did when her buddy was there. If not c'est la vie, she's young and we've got time to try again or just focus on the ring side of things. Not to mention she's a tourist hit galloping through Yorktown Battlefields lol!! :wink:

I think I need a shorter handler lol! Hubby being 6'3'' makes her look small!

She's a bit thick...... but she handles 15 mile trail rides like a walk in a park.

Discovery
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Discovery » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:35 am

I love her more than ever! :lol:

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:55 am

My old horse was that *exact* color at two, light spots and all (hence his barn name, "Spot" :wink: ). By four, he had greyed out, but kept the same sort of pattern to his coat, resulting in a beautiful sort of mottled silver. Alas, he passed away that year, so I never got to see what color he'd turn after that.

gotpaints
Maiden Special Weight

Postby gotpaints » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:15 am

I really like her. Im not sure if it's just the angle of the first picture or what but her back looked so much longer then and now IMO her back is the perfect length. I also love her coloring.
"I've never trained a horse in my life, the horses have trained me"-2006 BC Juvie Winner & 2007 Kentucky Derby winner Street Sense's trainer Carl Nafzger

soundfast
Allowance Winner

Postby soundfast » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 pm

She could be her sires first winner. One of her tail female relatives is entered in the Fasig Tipton open sale at Saratoga #548 a yearling filly Tactical Cat x Bidding Pro out of Bid Your Hand full sister to your mare's dam. If those twin haters had their way back when Spectacular Bid's granddam Stop On Red might have been pinched off or aborted. Her and her twin Go On Green both won races and produced foals.

WarHorse
Starters Handicap

Postby WarHorse » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:26 pm

I like the way she's filled out. Good luck with her!
And thou fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse. - The Qur'an

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Thanks for the nice comments. She took me two years to find so she has turned out to be everything I had hoped for, so if she runs well that will just be icing on the cake!! It has been a learning process..... I have never owned a Tb, only worked around them when I was younger and now..... I stuck to the 'safe' bets, i.e. QH's and TWH's ..... only to find they aren't always that safe lmao! I also forgot some of the 'challenges' of a filly vs. a gelding. :shock: But we are growing and learning together. Sometimes it is said not to get a young horse to start off in this business, but I have to say she is a blessing. She got me back in the game and now I love working around young Tb's. I think they all have an extra bounce in their step or something.

I look forward to seeing her evolution, color and career. And now my hubby is really scared because I just changed my Saratoga trip dates so I will be there for the sale to see the yearling mentioned above.(Soundfast- he said he doesn't know you but he's not sure he likes you right now lol!! ) But I also have to remember I have another 2 year old in WV , as well as Spex' full sister that is for sale too...... ahhh decisions decisions!!! :? :lol:

Again much appreciation for the comments!

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Spex4me,

Thank you so much for sharing these two photos. She has matured a lot.
A nice filly for starting the joy. :D
All the Best,

Barbaro06
Grade I Winner

Postby Barbaro06 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:52 am

Yep, thanks for sharing...she is a lovely color....love her chrome too...
A horse gallops with his lungs
Perseveres with his heart
And wins with his character. --Tesio

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Because maybe this might turn out to be a really good movie

Postby spex4me » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 pm

I am a little behind and only do this for those who like to watch the kids grow or the color change (which isn't happening too fast lol!!) Please feel free to move to Color Forum. :D
Taken at Yorktown BattleField 12/13/08:
Spex and a overstuffed smurf!!

more at:http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l86/depbel/
and my directorial debut at youtube ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnp_erkWjTs