Sabino for Jorge in Japan!

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Sabino for Jorge in Japan!

Postby helen in FL » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:15 pm

Watching TVG tonight for a handicap they were featuring in Japan at Nakayama race 10 and I spotted this guy as #7:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/yamano+rudolf

MAJOR sabino chestnut seven year old. Four high whites, big blaze and lower lip/chin was completely white. He didn't place well in the race, got boxed in, but he's one I'm going to watch! I know he gets his color from Naevus.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:06 am

Dear Helen,

Thank you so much for the valuable watch. Quite interesting pedigree.
The most patent influence is Naevus (because of his belly spot) but let me tell you that time after time, when you dig up all these cases you always find various names with known sabino-ness. Aside from Northern Dancer, Milesian, Mincio, and China Rock must be heavily influenced, as their pedigrees show. One always detect one clear ancestor (in this case Naevus), but the secondary protagonists are playing a substantial role.

Your description is quite telltelling of a sabino. Hope we may found a photo. Thanks again.

All the Best,

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:48 am

Thanks again for your posting. Did a little search and found that he was featured in the following race: http://blog.daum.net/ib1817/4799594

There, if you freeze the camera at frame "1:10/1:34" you can see him in front with his big blaze and high leg marking(s). But a standing picture of him will assist us a lot.

Regards,

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:54 am

Two other horses in that race caught my attention for their phenotype, albeit, not surpassing Yamano Rudolf. These were Zenno Coral (2001) and Board Sweeper (2001). No mystery on their pedigrees.

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Postby helen in FL » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:15 am

Yep that's him! I was impressed by him in the post parade, he is a good size too.