TAPIT -- the next THE TETRARCH? (no kidding)

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Jorge

TAPIT -- the next THE TETRARCH? (no kidding)

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:27 am

I don't remember of any gray sire whose sons and daughters were top quality performers fashioning a high percentage of winners in their first start at the track. Awesome. Just take a look at hisincredible numbers.

I am under the impression that we are witnessing the next The Tetrarch (gray H 1911), whose coat color was spread exponentially two generation later, thanks to his role as a broodmare sire: not to tak about his sons.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Actually, I think that honour would ENTIRELY belong to Linamix.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:32 pm

I understand and sort of partially agree with your opinion regarding Linamix, but there is a key difference. When The Tetrarch established his paradigm, England was a leading breeding force of enormous importance worldwide. In other words, the achievements of The Tetrarch were the achievents of the world so to speak. I am not sure that is the case with Linamix in the US. On the other hand, of course it's too early to trumpet Tapit's merits on a global scale right now; but looks to me that his trend is quite auspicious. If Linamix's merits were heavily felt on the western side of the Atlantic I would agree immediately. Anyway it's too early to proclaim Tapit without reserve for we are already witnessing another gray stallion whose sons and daughter are great but there are some durability concerns about his gets right now (no name will be alluded). On the other hand Tapit's progeny looks impressive from a durability standpoint and looks like having the potential to extend his breeding influence worldwide. But other than this digression, Linamix is an extraordinary candidate.

ElPrado
Grade II Winner

Postby ElPrado » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:37 am

Regarding the unnamed gray stallion, if his offspring were allowed more time to mature (as they are practically all very tall and usually immature when I have seen them at 2) they would probably fare better in training. Many are very talented and immature at the same time.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Watch him. Still on the rise.

Linda_d
Starters Handicap

Postby Linda_d » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:44 am

Jorge wrote:I don't remember of any gray sire whose sons and daughters were top quality performers fashioning a high percentage of winners in their first start at the track. Awesome. Just take a look at hisincredible numbers.

I am under the impression that we are witnessing the next The Tetrarch (gray H 1911), whose coat color was spread exponentially two generation later, thanks to his role as a broodmare sire: not to tak about his sons.

Jorge, I think the difference between then and now is that gray is already a pretty common color among TBs whereas it wasn't back in 1913. It was The Tetrarch's success and that of his descendents that first made gray popular when for the longest time, gray was more or less selected against.
"you cannot be brilliant if you cannot run" -- bdw0617

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:30 pm

When The Tetrarch established his paradigm the gray color was extremely scarce but the number of Thoroughbreds in general was relatively small; so its a proportional equation.

Now the number of Thoroughbreds has increased exponentially and the leading sire lines are the Mr Prospectors, and Northern Dancers (non grays). Although the number of decent gray lineages has increased in a healthy way, the number of grays may decrease suddenly if the number of so many good grays actually serving is gone. I am not so sure on some of today's luxury gray lineages save for what I have been witnessing with the progeny of Tapit. Only time will tell.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Another one for the list of the Tapits:

Dancinginherdreams

Sailor Kenshin
Starters Handicap

Re: TAPIT -- the next THE TETRARCH? (no kidding)

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:19 am

Jorge wrote:I don't remember of any gray sire whose sons and daughters were top quality performers fashioning a high percentage of winners in their first start at the track. Awesome. Just take a look at hisincredible numbers.

I'm very new at all this (both interest in equine color/breeding---and racing) but I'm beginning to look for 'Tapit' horses at the track. :wink:
Somebody bet on the gray!

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Too many good horses from TAPIT are surfacing. Just check his sophomores this year!

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:06 pm

No kidding, TAPIT is en-route to become a mighty influence!

Just check at this other thread:
http://www.pedigreequery.com/forum/view ... &start=165
“Zazu just won the GRI Las Virgenes Stakes at Santa Anita, in impeccable fashion. Another GRI winner for Tapit.”

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Our mare Officer Cherrie is being bred to Tapit this year! We are quite excited!!!
Living life for the journey, not the destination.
Join us on FACEBOOK

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Wow, would really like to see a product by Tapit out of ________ by
Airdrie Apache, or by Puchulingui, or those lineages.

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:31 am

Jorge wrote:Wow, would really like to see a product by Tapit out of ________ by
Airdrie Apache, or by Puchulingui, or those lineages.

Those lines are simply unproven as race horses. So I doubt anyone is going to gamble $80,000 on a stud fee to breed a mare who is either not proven she can run OR does not come from pedigree that has produced runners.

Someone would have to have a lot of money and simply do it because it would be fun... not to try and get the investment back.
Living life for the journey, not the destination.

Join us on FACEBOOK

scrappyt
Suckling

Postby scrappyt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:58 am

BlazingColours wrote:Those lines are simply unproven as race horses. So I doubt anyone is going to gamble $80,000 on a stud fee to breed a mare who is either not proven she can run OR does not come from pedigree that has produced runners.

Someone would have to have a lot of money and simply do it because it would be fun... not to try and get the investment back.

And even if you found someone with such a mare who was willing to shell out $80,000 for that breeding, good luck getting Gainesway to approve that mare for his book!