palomino on equinenow

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

surprisewind
Allowance Winner

palomino on equinenow

Postby surprisewind » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:53 am

http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-91706

A couple of questions for you experts -- is he worth 100k or is this a case of delusions or a typo? I was also under the impression that a dilute TB somewhere had won a race, but this ad states that is not the case. I can't remember the name of the horse I thought had won something....

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 am

Beautiful looking horse.

Bondama
Grade III Winner

Postby Bondama » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Justice: When you get what you deserve.
Mercy: When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace: When you get what you don't deserve.

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:17 pm

the first one ...blah...... a tad high I think .

The second..... nice but my god I have sold horses for people for 1k and at least washed them before a photo. I didn't even notice his white legs until I saw the ad detail and looked again really hard. :o
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Postby helen in FL » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:08 pm

The first one is the only one worth anything that I would look at. Innkeeper was a better show horse than he was a race horse and is fairly well known in the whole PA/MD/DE/VA area as a performance sire. His owner Ursula is a very well known handler for the in-hand shows and is seen every year at Dressage at Devon.
I have no clue why they are marketing that colt for racing when his dam sire never stepped foot in race training. Glitter Please was an FEI dressage horse with Gigi Nutter who is not far from me. Now if he is PA bred it means Skattered Gold was kept at Janno Farm with Jill since Symmetry Farm is listed as his breeder and they keep their horses with Jill for showing.
This colt would be one to show, not race. And at $100,000 they are just fluffing the price because he's got a pretty color, he doesn't have a racing pedigree to merit such a dollar tag. The only dilute TB showing I know that is even close to that asking price is the miss Faux Finish and she has been seriously campaigned for three years on the line! Plus she is an even rarer buckskin AND has sabino to boot with the four high white hunter fashion.
In a nutshell, I think these people are clueless.

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Postby helen in FL » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:12 pm

Oh and that second one, the Zillionaire yearling colt, is a joke. NEXT!

SymRanch
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SymRanch » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Actually, while the owner would LOVE the sell Goldhaven for $100,000, I think it's an "attention grabber" He has invested a great deal of time and effort in his training, and really wants to continue to own and train him through his racing career.

He's actually trying to solicit partners/investors. The ad seems effective, as he's gotten quite a bit of interest in syndication.

He's been training Goldhaven at Aiken for quite some time, and he's doing well. He's not "clueless." He's a licensed trainer, who is heading this colt toward the track based on the talent he has shown so far in training -- not based on his pedigree.

Many of the palomino TBs I have bred have been nationally competitive in hunter breeding, my stallion shows in the hunters, another colt I bred is showing in the children's hunters...., this one happens to be in race training. None of them have cared that Glitter Please showed in dressage -- they just inherited his great mind and athletic ability.

It's sad when so many internet threads turn into an open venue for ridiculing dilute TBs and their owners. I hope there are people who appreciate the dilute TBs who will be supportive of his effort, and route for his success.

Linda_d
Starters Handicap

Postby Linda_d » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:20 am

SymRanch wrote:Actually, while the owner would LOVE the sell Goldhaven for $100,000, I think it's an "attention grabber" He has invested a great deal of time and effort in his training, and really wants to continue to own and train him through his racing career.

He's actually trying to solicit partners/investors. The ad seems effective, as he's gotten quite a bit of interest in syndication.

He's been training Goldhaven at Aiken for quite some time, and he's doing well. He's not "clueless." He's a licensed trainer, who is heading this colt toward the track based on the talent he has shown so far in training -- not based on his pedigree.

Many of the palomino TBs I have bred have been nationally competitive in hunter breeding, my stallion shows in the hunters, another colt I bred is showing in the children's hunters...., this one happens to be in race training. None of them have cared that Glitter Please showed in dressage -- they just inherited his great mind and athletic ability.

It's sad when so many internet threads turn into an open venue for ridiculing dilute TBs and their owners. I hope there are people who appreciate the dilute TBs who will be supportive of his effort, and route for his success.

Owners marketing a race prospect for $100,000 when there's virtually no black-type in the dam line and the sire hasn't produced a single black-type runner are truly "clueless". People interested in racing don't care if the horse is a dilute or a sabino or a solid bay. They care about what the sire and dam have done and/or produced on the race track, and this colt as a race prospect is just not going to bring anything approaching $100,000. In fact, as a race prospect, he probably wouldn't bring five figures, although he would probably do so as a sport horse prospect.