Mare for Color Breeders

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Roguelet

Mare for Color Breeders

Postby Roguelet » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 am

I am going to post this mare in the for sale section, but I thought she might be of particular interest to color breeders.

Lizard Blizzard is a sabino mare; chestnut with 4 whites and a blaze, white under her chin, etc. She is a 1997 mare who earned blacktype and retired sound after 48 starts with 7 wins, 6 seconds (1 stakes), and 4 thirds. Her first foal is currently in training and should race in the Fall of 2008. She tore during that birth but she was surgically repaired and had a normal foaling last year to produce a now yearling colt. This mare's female family traces to Apache, who earned blacktype each of the 5 years that he raced. She is a beautiful mover and quite a looker. She is currently in foal to Indy Mood (A.P. Indy - Super Luna, by In Reality.)

I am asking $2,000 for her but will entertain all offers, and will also include a FREE 2009 breeding to Indy Mood or 1/2 price 2009 breeding to Private Lap. If someone wants the mare but not the foal she's carrying, we can make arrangements.

Can you all point me to any specific advertising venues for color breeding where I might also list her for sale? Thanks!
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'