paint racing stallions

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

walaa
Starters Handicap

paint racing stallions

Postby walaa » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:57 am

Hello, thought I might get some answers if I posted on the color forum rather than general discussion. Im wondering if anyone has farm names or web addresses for paint/pinto racing stallions?? I have a Saratoga Six mare, he was a bay sabino, threw alot of white, and although deceased, still is somewhere on the broodmare sire list. My mare although almost solid, has alot, alot of roaning, only through the flanks, and her daughter, out of almost solid stallion, has the tiniest sabino spot on one flank, its so cute. i though since neither one of my mares is commercial, I might breed the saratoga Six mare to a paint racing stud instead of thoroughbed. She wouldnt have to travel, and it might be alot of fun, rather than trying the t-bred route. Anyways, all I get when I type in racing paints is barrel horses for sale, mostly. I used to have several websites tagged for stud, but I guess they disap :shock: peared any links to paint/pinto racing stallions would be appreciated. Thanks :D

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Try the American Paint Horse Association, they may have a directory and I think there used to be a magazine but i'm not sure on that. If you can pick up a recent APHA journal they used to have a racing section in there.
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

Karie
Grade III Winner

Postby Karie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:25 pm

walaa
Starters Handicap

stallions

Postby walaa » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:54 pm

ugg!! :evil: I'm so pissed!! There is nowhere on that entire website that has a stallion directory. I know there used to be, otherwise I wouldnt have had, in the past so many stallions to look at. But now they only have, after searching the site over and over, a stallion alley on one of the directory parts, that lists 8-10 stallions, all halter or reining, where is the list of paint stallions at stud? :roll: This is a very user unfriendly website, it doesnt look at all like it did a couple years ago, what happened? and there might be a link elsewere,. but every time you go to it, you have to put your paint membership ID in, or you cant use it :evil: :evil: :evil: so much for breding to a paint!

walaa
Starters Handicap

stallions

Postby walaa » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Also I went to the above link, which is part of that site, am I doing something wrong, I didnt see perfect circle anywhere on that page, and all the links dont have anything about stallions, just trainers. Why cant I find what you saw??

Karie
Grade III Winner

Postby Karie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:14 pm

sorry.. Perfect Circle is MY own Thoroughbred stallion.. its my signature..
It does look funny on there..
I didn't see any stallion links, but it might give sires/dams of the leading runners to research...

sorry for any confusion..

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:36 pm

LOL.. i did the same exact thing, except I wasn't breeding for color. In my case, my old stakes winning mare wouldn't settle on a live cover so I AIed her with Treasured, the top (at that time) Paint racing sire. And it was like $400-$500 dollars!

I got a great colt - not ONE white hair on him. He never raced either. Best of luck!

try this link

http://www.paintracing.com/