List here the CREMELLOS you know:

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:03 am

You are correct that Goldmaker does not have JC papers....not sure on the whole story but it does have something to do with AI. Its a shame b/c he is one of my favorites. Regardless of JC papers or not, he is still full thoroughbred.

Truly
Allowance Winner

Postby Truly » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Yes I agree it's a real shame as he looks really lovely.
I think there was a filly for sale by him recently called Gone Gold?..I would have liked to buy her if she was JC registered, she looked beautiful :)

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Donna from True Colour farm was involved. There may be a older post on the system that talks about the mess.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:40 am

Just to clarify - *I* was involved because I was the poor schmuck that bought a "Jockey Club registered" palomino weanling colt from the breeder - Lauren Efford of Goldhope Farm in PA - that had been conceived by AI and the first hint I got that there were problems was in the beginning of his 3 year old year when I got a call from the JC registrar advising that his papers, along with the papers of 3 other colts (Goldmaker included) were being pulled and I no longer had a JC registered TB any longer

The breeder said " she didnt know about the rule". BS ... :roll: ... and "had never been around TB's before". BS again as she had posted numerous times about living in Ocala and visiting TB farms and seeing her good friend XXX that worked at XXX Farm. So yeah - I was very adversely affected, as were the owners of Goldmaker at the time. HUGE investment on all of our parts and it all went down the drain in an instant ...

Buddy (in my numerous discussions with him on this subject) said that they get 5-10-20 calls a DAY from people saying that so and so, and such and such farm is doing AI with their TB's and they cannot possibly investigate all of them and they have no way of knowing if these are disgruntled former employees trying to "get" their former employers or what. But in this case, they had FedEx receipts showing semen had been shipped from TX to PA at the time the mares were SUPPOSED to be in TX getting bred

So - thats how *I* got to be involved in this whole mess and really - for the time and money I lost on this venture, I wish I had never, ever heard the name Lauren Efford or dealt with her in any way possible ...

Buyer beware, huh?! :(
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:53 am

Donna, please accept an apology if the wording of my last post was unclear.

In no way did I think you were involved in the fraud end of the mess.
In fact just the opposite, given your posts over the last couple of years it was clear that you were the victim.

The logic, such that it was, was to give the poster a name to do a search for, and have the old thread show up with all the correct information, rather than making you re-hash what must have been a very painful situation.

I also didn't want to post third party information "So and so did such and such" on such a serious matter. Or even worse, post the wrong information.

Sorry for any confusion created.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:55 am

Any 2009 update?

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:49 am

There is a 2008 cremello colt that Mission Ridge bred. He is by Snowy River out of a Gold Apollo Palomino TB mare. The colt was sold in Canada. Dam had lost papers but with DNA she now got them and the colt will have full JC papers.
http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabs

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Seems like it's time for updates :D :D :D

SpecialEffects
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SpecialEffects » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:52 pm

I'll add my boy to the list....

Cleverly Concealed 2009 Cremello and White colt
http://www.pedigreequery.com/cleverly+concealed

7up
Suckling

Postby 7up » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Woodwind Farm has a 2009 cremello filly named Incandescent Light.
Home of CSpotGo, and MontegoBay.

spacely
2yo Maiden

Postby spacely » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:47 pm

AI baby but Ivory Coast by El Dorado out of Indiscreet. Regardless of registration, he is full TB.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:15 pm

Let's update this one too for the benefice of all:

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Any updated picture on this one:

CLEVERLY CONCEALED:

SpecialEffects
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SpecialEffects » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Jorge wrote:Any updated picture on this one:

CLEVERLY CONCEALED:

My pleasure ...

I posted this one because it is one of the few of his grown up :wink: pictures where you can still see his white legs, belly and neck spots and simply that he is very coloured. Taken in May.

A casual one that I just like. :)

ACC was here to do a photo shoot in June and took these wonderful shots. I should mention that I was of no help at all to her. :roll: I was in emergency with a dislocated shoulder when she arrived and high as a kite on pain meds when she came back. :lol: But she was amazing!

http://www.accphotography.com/gallery/p ... /lauries2/[/img]

The person posing him doesn't really 'do' horses and it was buggy as heck but hopefully we get a chance to re-do them before long. He's turning out to be a very nice boy in many ways. :)

Thanks for asking Jorge!

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:27 pm

You are quite welcome!
The following comment on his pedigree: "Cremello & White colt"
makes me scratch my head trying to figure out his phenotype.
Can you provide a detailed description, mapping or drawing on where the cremello areas are located vis-a-vis the white areas. I have always pondered on the phenotype of this colt, really! I am under the impression that the best way to really visualize his phenotype is by examining many close up photos of him, section by section. Am I right?
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!