My new mare ...

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:57 am

thanks rmt ... :)

springboro - a few people have mentioned Rock N Roll being a favorite of theirs, and how gorgeous he is. I have to profess that I have never seen a picture of him before ... guess I need to go and find one to see what all the fuss is about with him! :)

And she is a very deep liver chestnut. You arent the first one to ask if she was a chestnut or a bay
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

RiddleMeThis
Allowance Winner

Postby RiddleMeThis » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:10 am

Your welcome....I really want to see a gorgeous chocolate pally our of her.

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:09 am

Man she does look like a million bucks!! :D
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 am

here is a url for a pic of him (it's for sale too!)

http://www.tias.com/6298/PictPage/1922565606.html

that picture makes him look a little more upright than the other picture I saw.

Also, his dam is 3/4 sister to Irgun, and he was a very similar looking horse.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:44 pm

thanks John! He is a stunning and elegant looking stallion, isnt he?

RMT - do you believe that the liver chestnuts DO produce the darker more chocolately palomino's? I know that some believe they do, but there also doesnt seem to be much in the way of valid data to prove or disprove that theory either ...

Thanks for the kind words on her - its nice to know I am not the only one that thinks she looks great! :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:06 pm

TC....she is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Not sure why BC even needed to post the pics or comment.....not needed at all in my opinion, but not the first time I've seen it.

You should be totally proud of that mare, but I know you don't need ME to tell you that....love her, love her, love her......reminds me of my filly, before she went all grey on me!!!

RiddleMeThis
Allowance Winner

Postby RiddleMeThis » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:12 pm

TrueColours wrote:RMT - do you believe that the liver chestnuts DO produce the darker more chocolately palomino's? I know that some believe they do, but there also doesnt seem to be much in the way of valid data to prove or disprove that theory either ...
I think they are more LIKELY to produce the darker palominos. I think you can get dark palominos from two light horses and vice versa but I think you are more lightly to get dark when you breed dark and more likely to get light when you breed light.

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:13 pm

I posted the comment I did as I personally did not like the mare from the photos that were sent to me. You can all see the photos I did. (or you could have someone has deleted them now) but e-mail me if you would like to see them. I am not imagining things The most recent shot TC took she does look cute but it is a cute shot, not a conformation shot. IMO when a horse is thin you can really see everything conformationally and she was not for me as I did not like the topline and really did not like the neck set nor did I like the hind legs from the photo showing her from the front. I also did not like what the owner told me about her personality and rearing etc... It could be explained by being fresh off the track, which was not told to me by the previous owner. So I am glad she is a sweetie now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is mine.

Why did I post them... because the horse was put on a BB for public viewing and I had photos that showed another side of her. I would love is TC posted some conformation shots of her where she did look better. Then a good buy for her...

Edited to add... And god forbid that someone post a photo saying how nice a horse is and another person does not agree. Does that really make the person who does not like the horse jealous :roll:
Last edited by BlazingColours on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Living life for the journey, not the destination.
Join us on FACEBOOK

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:15 pm

And yes I have bred many chesnuts to get palominos. The darker the shade usually the darker the palomino. But a chestnut with a dark mane and light body... with my mare... has given me seasonal palominos. Dark/golden in the summer and light/cream coloured in the winter.

Join us on FACEBOOK

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Blazing, I have no idea what your history with Donna is, but she is far more gracious than you. What a snarky comment from you! Seriously, if you can't say anything nice, keep yer trap shut!

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:09 pm

trap shut then... history there is!!! and you are correct I should keep it off here.

Join us on FACEBOOK

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Donna, from one color breeder to another, I think the mare is stunning. Not only with her color but I also like her conformation. Best of luck with her. I am sure she will throw you some nice hunter babies.

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:25 pm

RiddleMeThis wrote:Your welcome....I really want to see a gorgeous chocolate pally our of her.

Are we putting in orders? Can we add the four stockings and a blaze to the chocolate pally? Make sure the mane is white as snow too.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:12 am

Done! Order placed ... :)

She hasnt started cycling yet that I can tell, but with this mild spell we are having, it should be soon I would think ...
www.TrueColoursFarm.com