My new mare ...

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

My new mare ...

Postby TrueColours » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:26 pm

It will be easy to see where all of the colour comes from on THIS mare:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/rock+hard+georgie

with the Halo, Explodent and Vice Regent connections through both her sire and dam line ...

She is a lovely 16.1hh mare that just came off the track 3-4 weeks ago, so please forgive the "greyhound" look to her!

I am picking her up tomorrow and once she puts a few hundred more pounds on her, I'll get some new pictures of her to post.

The intention is to breed her to "Remember My Name" - the palomino & white sabino son of Guaranteed Gold out of Puchi Trap and then Guaranteed Gold after that, unless she gets sold first! ;)

I love her shoulder from what I can see of it and in the trot picture they sent, she is a stunning mover as well that will cross well with both stallions ...

I know she isnt a black mare like I was looking for, but she DOES have the 4 high stockings and a blaze and IS a lovely, tall mare! ;)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm glad you found such a nice mare. Regardless if she is black or bay, its hard to find either color with that much chrome. Best of luck with her.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:34 pm

Nice trio of white leg markings (along with the remaining one) with a quite auspicious "bebe blanco" (Spanish for "white paint drinker") lips design. My earnest congratulations!

"Remember My Name" is a natural for her! On paper it looks better than Guaranteed Gold. But wait, Guaranteed Gold is Guaranteed Gold
---always superb! So hands rubbing. :D :D

If you ask me, I really would love to see a future white sire emerging from both (RMN/RHG) just for the joy of adding it to my list. :lol: :lol:

Kind regards and Blessings,

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:58 am

Very nice Tru!!
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:25 am

Thanks everyone! :)

And yes - I am 99% certain that she will be bred to RMN, since he leaves in 2009 and I wont get another chance to breed her to him

He is developing well in areas that I know would assist this mare. I think she may need help in behind, but in all fairness as well, once she lets down and adds the weight and matures a bit more, she may balance out beautifully in behind as well, but RMN has a beautiful big rounded engine in behind, so he is going to help mares that are weaker in that area - just like GG does as well ...

I thought that you would like the bloodline combination on this mare Jorge! :)

I was NOT looking for another mare right now - not at all - not going into the worst winter months and having more cost and work to look after them but ... when I saw her pictures and her bloodlines, how could I say no???

Thats what I told my husband anyhow ... ;)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:05 pm

She is young, and just looks fit and gangly right now. I am sure she will fill out beautifully.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:02 am

Upps, sometimes one has the tendency to overlook a pedigree once one see names such as Halo and Northern Dancer, but absolutely, this mare is highly dosed from various sabino lineages such as Hail To Reason, Vice Regent, Explodent/Nearctic, Nodouble, Hyperion and even Secretariat
---just to name the more obvoius! But when I saw she was a "bebe-blanco" it was a giveaway. A very good addition to your program. I like her stance. By the way, it's always very interesting to see and study double doses of Nearctic, when one of them is via another horse other than Northern Dancer.

Oh my goodness the 2009 foaling season is just around the corner. :D :D

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:12 pm

The owners must have e-mailed many people trying to sell her as I got the info on her too as well as more photos. They said she has reared on two occasions and was too hot as a re-sale riding horse so they wanted to sell her as a broodmare. Maybe some more down time and she will settle. She was not something I was interested in so I passed. Good luck... Here are more photos of her and do post more as she fills out.

Living life for the journey, not the destination.
Join us on FACEBOOK

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:08 pm

Since April at Blazing Colours saw fit to post the crappy pictures of this mare (for what reason, I have NO idea at all ... :roll: ), I thought it only fitting to post the one I took of her today, showing what a lovely mare she truly is and how far she has come along in the 6 weeks since I purchased her

We have another 200-300 lbs to go and then she is going to be a truly stunning mare! :)

The intention is to breed her to the Remember My Name young stallion this year and then either Guaranteed Gold in 2010 before he leaves, or my *new* stallion that I have coming in that will be a stunning cross with her as well ... :wink:
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Evenheaven
Allowance Winner

Postby Evenheaven » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Groceries, camera position and lighting can do a ton for a horse! I'm with you on this one, Donna: I don't know why BC would ever post those... it seems like the color breeders of the world are so JEALOUS of each other!
"Every little girl deserves a horse"
http://www.freewebs.com/evenheaven

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:50 pm

WOW, you wouldn't even recognize her. LOL amazing what food and care will do huh? Maybe they tried to keep her energy down by diet?
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:49 am

Just maybe, Donna is a much better photographer. All of the pictures she's ever posted are wonderful.

And your new mare looks great.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:54 am

summerhorse - the young fellow that I bought her from got her off her last race. I believe that she ran on the weekend, and he bought her the following week, got up on her and took those pictures that were posted, so she was VERY much completely racing fit, full of piss and vinegar and had "0" let down time as well. And anyone that knows ANYTHING about race horses, knows that method of reschooling ex race horses and trying to force them into a "frame" does NOT work in 99% of the cases ... :roll: ... hence the fact that she probably reared a couple of times and they perceived her to be "hot" ...

She is dead quiet and sweet and kind to handle and I have no doubt at all if we got up on her NOW, after she has had a couple months of downtime to regroup, it would be a whole 'nuther ballgame and she would probably be a lovely and kind mare to ride as well. Exactly the type of mare that I want in MY breeding program even though others professed to have passed on her for theirs ... :wink:

Thanks xfactor - I know 100% that when I look through the lens I either have or havent gotten my "money" shot yet ...and I either call it quits then or keep right on snapping pictures until I do get it. And you know how it goes - you can snap 100 of them and only get 1 or 2 that are fit for posting and you have to be able to tell right away which are the good ones ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:21 am

She's by Rock n Roll, who is one of the most gorgeous stallions I've ever seen in pictures! I always wanted to breed to him. There is a thread on here somewhere about him.

Nice nice mare, Donna!

Is she chestnut or bay? These old eyes can't tell....

RiddleMeThis
Allowance Winner

Postby RiddleMeThis » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:13 am

springboro wrote:Is she chestnut or bay?
Shes chestnut