GOLDMAKER for sale

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

springboro
Grade II Winner

GOLDMAKER for sale

Postby springboro » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:35 am

http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-149251

i tired to post them from an earlier thread, but it won't allow me. So, lots has been said about this guy already. He's for sale now.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:29 am

Interesting. I looked quickly and though "EUREKA!" I have a huge lovely chestnut mare I've been hoping to breed to a cremello without spending thousands... and then remembered Goldmaker is not a registered TB and foals can't be registered. Rats.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Isn't that a bummer? They should probably mention that somewhere in their ad though... he sure is stunning and I was wondering where Natal Clasi had gone. I wonder if he's had any foals since he was imported?
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

Linda_d
Starters Handicap

Postby Linda_d » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:18 am

On PQ, it says his papers were revoked. Why is that? Was he conceived AI?

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Search Goldmaker, AI and True Colours and the thread taking about what happened should show up.

Donna was directly involved -- got burned-- .

This question comes up every once in a while, and you should get the information directly from Donna.

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:03 am

That is one convaluded mess (as far as the whole AI/sale ) I think that in today's atmosphere in cases like this DNA collection would resolve all questions rather quickly. It's not right that the buyer is the one who ultimately pays.
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:46 am

I don't think the parentage was in question, but they found that the mare and the stallion were not at the same farm, and had Fed Ex receipts. This is second hand information, I wasn't there, and don't know any of the exact details.

When confronted with the evidence, the Jockey Club had no choice but to pull the registration of horses involved. It was a shame, as Glitter Please was such a nice horse, and met a untimely death. Not many sons out there.

Linda_d
Starters Handicap

Postby Linda_d » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:01 pm

xfactor fan wrote:I don't think the parentage was in question, but they found that the mare and the stallion were not at the same farm, and had Fed Ex receipts. This is second hand information, I wasn't there, and don't know any of the exact details.

When confronted with the evidence, the Jockey Club had no choice but to pull the registration of horses involved. It was a shame, as Glitter Please was such a nice horse, and met a untimely death. Not many sons out there.

The ban on AI by the Jockey Club makes about as much sense as the AQHA's refusal to register many sabinos because of their "excessive white" rules for many years but allowing full siblings with less white to be registered. I suppose it's a good way to make more money on mare care for the big boys in Kentucky.

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Linda_d wrote:The ban on AI by the Jockey Club makes about as much sense as the AQHA's refusal to register many sabinos because of their "excessive white" rules for many years but allowing full siblings with less white to be registered. I suppose it's a good way to make more money on mare care for the big boys in Kentucky.

yes, but rules are rules. I always say, if you don't like 'em, you can leave 'em and I'm not even a Republican!

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:18 am

xfactor - thats exactly what the situation was

Buddy Bishop (the registrar at the time this whole mess happened) said that they get 5-8-10-15 calls a day from people saying "ABC Farm do AI with their TB's" and they take note but dont do anything more, unless they get a WHACK of calls all relating to ABC Farm and their breeding practices. But - when FedEx receipts are produced where semen has been SHIPPED, and there is irrefutable proof that it was done, a whole 'nuther ballgame then

GoldHope Farm (Lauren Efford) in PA was the one I bought my colt from as a weanling. She signed the JC registration application saying that he was conceived by Live Cover and how the heck would anyone even think she wasnt telling the truth, especially as she had been emailing me previously saying "it was so hot in TX where the 2 mares were being bred. She hoped they were doing okay in the heat" and she "hoped they would get there and come back home safe and sound"

I lost a ton of money in that whole mess. I truly wish I had never heard the name Lauren Efford or Gold Hope Farm in my life ... :(
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed