Older bay mare with loud markings

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Fairplayfarm
Weanling

Older bay mare with loud markings

Postby Fairplayfarm » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:39 am

Thought I would throw a post here regarding the new mare we just recently aquired...She will be home in a few weeks and am awaiting some more recent photos and I will gladly post them here when I get them. Was curious about her pedigree infomation regarding sabinos?? She is uniquely marked with one irregular tall stocking... wheres the color coming from???

and her pedigree
http://www.pedigreequery.com/tigra5
~Alexis Ingraham
Fair Play Farm
www.fairplayfarm.net

Squishy
Weanling

Postby Squishy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:51 am

I inquired about that mare a few months ago and got additional pictures. I will tell you out of all the pics that was the best one. The other pics I got were of her with a heavy winter coat and you could still see her backbone and what not. If you pm I can see if I still have her photo's of her that I could send you.

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Postby helen in FL » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:12 am

That tall white sock is a Splash characteristic. But you have to go back in pedigree in order to see the color.

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:11 am

didnt Warfare throw a lot of white? I believe I heard someone on this board mention Sunny's halo sires white.. I'm nothing but an admirier of the coloring, I know nothing of its lines.

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 am

Cute markings, she looks like she is a very sweet mare.
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Wow - nothing in that pedigree screams "Sabino" to me at all!

What a lovely looking mare. I think we'd all love to see pictures of her once you get her cleaned up and get some weight on her

How tall is she?
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Thanks for the watch! I appreciate it!

Sunglow (1947) My Babu (1945), Turn-To (1951) and Determine (1951) who was a escendant from the quite creative Hyperion are horses to watch here. Hail To Reason is also quite proven as a sabino. Hmmm, Tigra is a quite interesting case!

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:17 am

How old is she? She looks aged. Could be from serious lack of care as said by the second poster.

Her markings are neat. What are your plans for her?
Living life for the journey, not the destination.
Join us on FACEBOOK

Squishy
Weanling

Postby Squishy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:19 am

If I remember correctly she is 17 years old maybe 18 this year.

Also blazing colors do you know what farm dumped those colored thoroughbreds off at the auction up in canada. can you pm the name if you know it.

Fairplayfarm
Weanling

Postby Fairplayfarm » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:43 pm

She's 17 and needs a few groceries still. But I think she had a foal in 2008 and was with a dealer as late as september so WHO KNOWS. I spoke with her former owner who got her off the track and used her for AQHA and APHA breeding (said she put a VERY nice foal on the ground and will work on getting me some pics). She loved the mare and enjoyed working with her all her babies were bred for showing...havent pulled AQHA or APHA records yet but plan this week.
Shes about 15.2 long bodied but has nice legs and feet and reportedly sound. I think her most recent foal was a warmblood cross...still working on that part of her history...
Plans for her are to get her home and get my vet on her and have her completely checked out breeding wise (pending physical health) and go from there. I have a Prince Stanley son out of Airdrie Apache daughter that came to me a mess and VERY stunted and is still growing and going through uglies and i fear forever will lol! But time will tell. If I dont breed her to him I would be looking for an outside TB stallion or Carpaccio (hol) as she would not compliment my AWS or ApHC stallion as well as I would like. I would like to get a filly or maybe two out of her to keep as her breeding is rather different than alot out on the colored market....but we will see!
If she doesnt pan out breeding and lesson wise (most of my broodies serve double duty as show, lesson and trail horses as I dont breed every year and feel if they are sound they need a job to help keep them fit and healthy) then I have a few clients that have been inquiring about leasing or purchasing an older energetic mount...so...regardless she will have a place...

soooo we will see... going to pick her and a couple client horses up here in the next few weeks....when I get her home ill take some new pics and keep you posted as to what we will be doing!
~Alexis Ingraham

Fair Play Farm

www.fairplayfarm.net

Fairplayfarm
Weanling

Postby Fairplayfarm » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:15 pm

oh yeah here are a a couple other pics of her

ooops sorry so big!
~Alexis Ingraham

Fair Play Farm

www.fairplayfarm.net

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Are you going to have her tested for frame? She will be nice when you get her back in shape, please keep us posted! :D I used to live in Maine, how far is Belfast from Burnham?
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

Fairplayfarm
Weanling

Postby Fairplayfarm » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:59 pm

I will be having her tested for frame...tho my colts test came back neg, I still would like to know about her. But that will all be dependant on if my vet feels she is breeding sound or not...we will see!!

And Burnham-Belfast same county! like 30-40 min its right next to Unity im 4 Miles from the racetrack.
~Alexis Ingraham

Fair Play Farm

www.fairplayfarm.net

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:10 am

Nice to see the old gal is going to be taken care of better. She looks sad in the photos and in need of more food. Though I do know that some older horses just do not hold good weight despite a good feed.

Good luck bringing her back around.
Living life for the journey, not the destination.

Join us on FACEBOOK