Electrum covered his first mare :-)

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Truly
Allowance Winner

Electrum covered his first mare :-)

Postby Truly » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:23 am

My young boy became a man this weekend lol

He covered my mare Samba Beat :-)..he was very polite ;-)

He is not actually 2yo until May and I'm just using him on my own TB mares this year.
Possibility of covering a few proven outside mares next year but his education will come first as he'll have to prove himself in competiton before I consider standing him at stud officially.

Samba Beat is a winner and has a very good dam line (racing) and two of her half brothers are doing very well at the moment..Special Occasion was sold at Tatts for 82,000GBP's in Nov and the other Gee Dee Nen for 100,000GBP's in Sept and ran at Cheltenham last week :-)
She has a yearling colt this year by The Alchemist who I have high hopes for :-)

My other two TB mares have good Eventing connections and I'm hoping all goes well with them too.

Electrums grown again it seems lol...I don't expect him to be massive but he measures 15.2 at his withers and almost 16hhs at his quarters so I'm guessing he'll go past 16hhs.
I've kept him lean as he is big boned and don't want to overload his joints.
I probably won't show him this year if he looks too lean and I'm busy with showing the yearlings and hopefully competing my 4yo Truly ridden this year...I do everything (prep and comps) myself so it's hard work lol

I've had computer trouble for months so can't upload any recent pics but hopefully can update soon :-)

Good luck to everyone's elses mummy's and babies this year :-)

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:41 am

Truly - thats great news! :)

Now here's to hoping your mare is co-operating fully as well and checks safely in foal in 2 weeks time ...

Congrats on your boy's progression into "manhood" ... :wink:
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Truly
Allowance Winner

Postby Truly » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:31 am

Thank you TrueColours :-)
I hope so too lol
The plan was to cover her early just incase it takes a few goes :P..practice makes perfect lol

HalfMoonRomance
Weanling

Postby HalfMoonRomance » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:13 am

Congrats Truly!
His older brother, Smoked Gold, is a little jealous I think. He hasn't covered a mare yet this year :lol: I keep telling him it'll be soon! LOL

Truly
Allowance Winner

Postby Truly » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:26 am

Aww thanks :)

She's being scanned on Wednesday but yesterday was flirting with one of the geldings :(
The weathers been weird lately so she might not be cycling normally yet...I'm keeping my fingers crossed but que sera sera :)

Hope Smoked Gold gets his oats soon lol :) (not sure if you know that expression over there lol)

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:17 pm

It's Gr-r-r-reat! Hope to read wonderful news next year!
All the Best

SymRanch
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SymRanch » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:08 am

I can't believe my little babies are growing up so fast....

I want to see photos and confirmations of pregnancies!!!! :-)

Truly
Allowance Winner

Postby Truly » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:34 am

SymRanch wrote:I can't believe my little babies are growing up so fast....

I want to see photos and confirmations of pregnancies!!!! :-)

Hi Peggy :)
Well she didn't scan in-foal this time :( but at least the vet and I got a good idea how the mares are cycling now :)
It was the first time she showed in season this year so I covered her anyway but she probably wasn't ready really.
Anyway the good news is she is showing some nice ripe follicles so is ready to cover again and the other mares are looking good too :)
So now we have more of a plan and at least he has had some practice :)
and we will scan regularly now.

Will keep you updated don't worry :)