List here the SMOKY CREAMS you know:

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Nope, Norsire doesn't have one... yet.

spacely
2yo Maiden

Postby spacely » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Nosire has a cremello colt that's rather inbred, but no perlinos or smoky creams.

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:57 am

That is the one I was thinking of Spacely.

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

She's got three buckskin mares in foal this year. Two to a palomino and one to a cremello, so she's got a decent shot at a perlino.

spacely
2yo Maiden

Postby spacely » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:13 pm

ACC, one was found not to be in foal (the buckskin frame). Thank goodness!

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Premiere!? Oh... hmmm. It would have been interesting to see that foal.

spacely
2yo Maiden

Postby spacely » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:24 pm

accphotography wrote:Premiere!? Oh... hmmm. It would have been interesting to see that foal.

Yup. From a color standpoint, it may have been interesting but not from a quality standpoint.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:50 pm

She's got three buckskin mares in foal this year. Two to a palomino and one to a cremello, so she's got a decent shot at a perlino.

Yeah - but its HOW she is trying to accomplish it that makes me shake my head ACC ...

I mean Holy Inbreeding much Batman ... :shock: :roll: :shock:

Maybe with the mare this time that aborted Mother Nature was trying to tell her something, especially as the one that was bred to the full uncle the year before aborted as well ... :roll:

There are just some things that responsible breeders dont do but I guess thats the difference, isnt it?! :?
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

spacely
2yo Maiden

Postby spacely » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm

TrueColours wrote:Yeah - but its HOW she is trying to accomplish it that makes me shake my head ACC ...

I mean Holy Inbreeding much Batman ... :shock: :roll: :shock:

Maybe with the mare this time that aborted Mother Nature was trying to tell her something, especially as the one that was bred to the full uncle the year before aborted as well ... :roll:

There are just some things that responsible breeders dont do but I guess thats the difference, isnt it?! :?

So true. Even if she does produce a perlino, inbreeding aside, it won't be of the quality it should be to go to the breeding shed. Not that it will stop her.... :roll:

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Yeah that's the sad part. What I wouldn't give to see a frame perlino stallion... but would good would it do if I wouldn't breed to it...

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:23 am

Funny how a thread where we are suppose to list names of horses of a certain colour can be the longest of the *list the horses ____ colour* threads when there are NO horses that are this colour (smokey creams.)

I personally would rather a perlino or cremello as I am not a fan of smokey blacks at all. They do not really looked diluted and it is the diluted looking colours (palomino / buckskin) that I personally LOVE. I have no interest in producing smokey black foals/horses. So I am very glad that Mirabeau and El Dorado cannot produce them no matter what mare they are bred to. I have not tested Cloud Ten, Golden Time or Sato. Though Sato has never produced one that I know of, which means he is likely AA.

So while having the first smokey cream born would be a novelty, I guess, I would rather Platinum not have one.
Living life for the journey, not the destination.
Join us on FACEBOOK

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:31 am

There's plenty enough 'AA' mares in the world to offset it and still give people who want a smokey black a chance at it.

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:42 am

accphotography wrote:I've seen Simba Twist and was blown away. Especially considering his age when I saw him, that says alot. I had completely forgotten about him though (probably due to his age). He will definitely go on my list of possibles when he is of age.

Thanks for the kind words about Simba, ACC :) He sure is a nice colt and I am going to have a lot of fun with him. He is two this year and I have decided he will NOT be breeding any mares. He is going to be put to work first.

Join us on FACEBOOK

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:51 am

accphotography wrote:There's plenty enough 'AA' mares in the world to offset it and still give people who want a smokey black a chance at it.
True. I like to keep my DD which is why I would rather not have Platinum produce a smokey cream. If she did I may end up selling it because I do would rather not have smokey blacks.

Join us on FACEBOOK

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:13 pm

There's plenty enough 'AA' mares in the world to offset it and still give people who want a smokey black a chance at it.

Fine with me ... :lol:

Right now the requests for smoky black offspring outnumber any other colour choice by about 5:1 and that isnt for only the Nightlight colour/marking combinations either but also for something like the Guaranteed Galoubet fily who is a beautiful smoky black with nary a white hair on her ... :wink:

If I produced nothing BUT smoky blacks, I'd be a happy breeder indeed ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed