The White Fox

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

BlazingColours
Allowance Winner

Postby BlazingColours » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:04 am

oh that is very sad!!! RIP big white fellow. {{HUGS}}
Living life for the journey, not the destination.
Join us on FACEBOOK

angrovestud
Allowance Winner

Postby angrovestud » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 am

That was the most beautiful tribute and so beautifully written and so so moving. RIP The White Fox.
A coloured leaving its mark
Angrove stud breeding your racing colours

I am dyslexic it can be funny!

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:03 pm

I have always been and continue to be such a huge fan of Ms. Livingston's writing, especially her tribute. I still remember nearly every word of her tribute to Three Ring many (10?) years ago and still tear up when I think of it.

I did not know of his death. This is a very sad day indeed. :cry:

HeadlessHorseman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby HeadlessHorseman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:09 pm

WHAT THE :twisted: :x :idea: :evil: IS GOING ON?????

I'm not coming here anymore....it's too damned depressing

HH :cry:

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:45 pm

I completely agree HH. This has been a very, very, very bad week for bad news.

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Those surgeries are so tough on them :( R.I.P. Boy, no more pain.
Thank you for giving the world some much appreciated beauty to the TB industry!
Now to make the most of his offspring's lives......
Does anyone know how many white or colored foals he actually sired?

StayOutFront
Maiden Special Weight

Postby StayOutFront » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi reedhill,

I have the complete Jockey Club list, although the '10s don't list colors yet.

The odd one to me is a 2008 filly who was named - which means she probably lived long enough for the owner to have a 'connection' with her and feel the urge to name her. But she wasn't officially registered.

Her name is/was On Foxcroft Road and she's out of Acting Op. I wonder if anyone here knows of her....

I'm not sure of the deadline to register foals (?), but that's when the complete list of coat colors would be known. So far, according to the Jockey Club, four are registered as white...but I'm sure the '10s will up the total.

Wish he'd sired more. I loved his look/attitude/pedigree.

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the last conversation I had with Jenn Tarr of CO about 2-3 weeks ago, is that she sent 2 mares to TWF in 08 or bought 2 I/F, I can't remember my memory is slipping LOL, but she didn't think anyone thought the 2 mares would have had white foals but they did a colt and a filly in 2009 or was it 10' good gosh I'm aweful with dates unless I write them down. I encouraged her to hold on to both of them. I just emailed her, just in case she had not heard the news, I doubt she had. She is VERY fortunate to have 2 of his few Get.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Wonderful thread....wonderful memories....wonderful legacy.

StayOutFront
Maiden Special Weight

Postby StayOutFront » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:14 pm

There were only two 2008 TB foals on the Jockey Club list and only one is registered - a grey/roan named Patchen Fox. (the other 2008 foal, On Foxcroft Road, has no color listed and isn't listed among his living/registered foals).

Your friend must have 2009 and 2010s. How nice for her....

Tap The Mint
Yearling

The White Fox

Postby Tap The Mint » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:53 pm

I was so shocked and saddened to hear of the news today. We have a colt by The White Fox that was born in May. He was born a chestnut but is rapidly turning grey. The White Fox was not only a beautiful, gorgeous animal but had a personality and kindness that I especially loved about him. I am so glad I got to meet him two years ago at Hopewell Farm before we bred our mare to him. I of course was wishing for a 'white' baby but am happy to have the beautiful little colt we have. I heard that of the four foals born in 2010 two of them were white, one is ours and is grey and I don't know what the other one is.
I have been so upset all day after hearing this news and can't believe that it wasn't publicized until now. He was truly a unique stallion and I for one will sincerely miss him. R.I.P The White Fox

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:06 am

I couldn't believe it either. It's so sad we've lost so many of our few white stallions. Fox, Glory, his son Legs. Fox was particularly nice though. He will be missed. I can't believe we are only hearing it now. I wish I could have bred mares to him, shame he got so few foals.
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

lebrown
Suckling

So Sorry!

Postby lebrown » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:24 pm

I am so sorry to hear this!!! In 2008 we bred our Halo mare to TWF. Unfortunately, she slipped some time between the first and second U/S. I believe that the loss was primarily due to complications from a vaccine. We were there when our mare was bred and he was indeed a magnificent horse. We were SO looking forward to the foal but needless to say we were very disappointed when the pregnancy did not go to term.

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Tap The Mint..........I'm also very unsure why they would have not published that, or did we all just miss it? Especially having his colt just go through a great sale, that might have encouraged more bidding on the baby........... :?