Reed Hill Farm - TOTAL LIQUIDATION SALE

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Thank you Kimberly. Actually I sold two white 2010 colts to an Argentian Polo player and Breeder Carlos Gonzalez who is very well regarded for his ponies.

http://americanpolohorse.com/yearend10/b.html

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Kimberly is the first one I have seen that has given any sort of advice. The rest are opinions, and we all know what opinions are like :wink:

Ozzie Overo
Weanling

Postby Ozzie Overo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:30 pm

[quote="reedhill
I a amused that you took time to give a run down on me so here are my comments.

AGGRESSIVE - yes by nature I am, I always strive to get what I want out of life, since we only have one to live. Now what would you call "the greats" in racing? Are they wrong for being aggressive..............?

DEFENSIVE - yes by nature I am, I don't become a door mat for those I don't care for when they start giving me a bunch of BS advice, and trying to tromp on our good name. I wonder if "the greats" in racing let others treat them as door mats..........hummm?

CONFRONTATIONAL - yes by nature I am, only when I or the farm have been wronged first. I like to give a clear factual picture for people to gather their own opinions from.

HAVE ATTITUDE - Oh yes I sure do, an it can be quite funny at times.

BELLIGERENT - No but very factual, and I don't tolerate rudeness and people being "sneaky and scumlike" I was not raised like that.

Good on you reedhill, :) funny how most people have those same qualities, they are survivers.

shock: I am shocked at how this panned out, I don't post here often, I have read some very interesting threads and learnt alot, but to abuse reedhill like some have is so disrespectful. I am so sorry for you reedhill, you shouldn't have had to explain yourself to anyone.
Best of wishes with whatever you do
[/quote]
Breeding Rare & Unique Coloured Thoroughbreds & Australian Stock Horses

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Ozzie Overo- I love the name. Do you have some colored tbs over yonder?

Ozzie Overo
Weanling

Postby Ozzie Overo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Yes Derby Lyn, I have the only 2 overo fillies in Australia and waiting for the first crop of Palomino's by Glacial Gold

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:05 am

Ozzie O. is a fine horse woman!

Ozzie Overo
Weanling

Postby Ozzie Overo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:32 am

:oops: Aahh shucks reedhill, thanks, but only stating the facts, some people have to do what they have to do, who are we to stand in judgement of those that make decisions based on THEIR life.

(walking away quietly)

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:13 am

So true, so true my good mate!

ak1
Allowance Winner

Postby ak1 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Reedhill,

One suggestion I do have, if not already mentioned, is to list on the sales page whether the mares are broodmare/pasture sound, or riding sound.

Also it kills me to not be in a position to buy a horse right now...I love Waquoit as a broodmare sire which causes me to very much drool over Mason Dixon Vixen! Not to mention she was gifted with size from her sire and as I'm 5'11", I do like to see that size.

Wish you all the best!
AK

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:21 pm

ak1 wrote:One suggestion I do have, if not already mentioned, is to list on the sales page whether the mares are broodmare/pasture sound, or riding sound.

Also it kills me to not be in a position to buy a horse right now...I love Waquoit as a broodmare sire which causes me to very much drool over Mason Dixon Vixen! Not to mention she was gifted with size from her sire and as I'm 5'11", I do like to see that size.

Wish you all the best!
AK

Thank you AK1. Good idea because a handfull of them are sound. Mason Dixon Vixen is one of those mares you just keeping starring at because she is so big all over at 17.1H and sweet as a kitten. We are praying for a paly filly by her if not a paly colt. IF her foal does not get a creme gene from Twnetyfour Kt Gold (16.3 3/4H), Mason and baby will be sold together or seperate for a very fair price so you may want to PM me with your email or number to put in Mason' file, so when she foals you can be first in line to buy one or both. Mason is sound now, knock on wood!

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:13 pm

ak1 wrote:Reedhill,

One suggestion I do have, if not already mentioned, is to list on the sales page whether the mares are broodmare/pasture sound, or riding sound.

YES. And...

TAKE PICTURES of the riding sound mares under saddle--most of them should be early enough along in pregnancy to be safe and comfortable to have a light rider. If they're too far along, long-line them and take pictures of them working under longline. You don't necessarily have to put them on the website, but if a prospective buyer contacts you, you can send them ASAP. If you have nice pictures of the mares doing dressage moves or small jumps, DO put those on the website...they get buyers' attention.

Again, if you are not doing this, you are leaving serious money on the table. Because otherwise, this is your market:

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.ph ... id=1701852

and this:

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.ph ... id=1694946

and this:

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.ph ... id=1706594

I did a Dreamhorse search for thoroughbred mares, 3-10 years old, in the southeast USA. These three mares are unbroke (or barely broke) broodmares in the area where you are most likely to have buyers. Even going from halter broke to w/t/c the usual starting asking price jumped to $5000...four times as much!

For your two palomino mares for sale, here is the competition:

http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/h ... 78785.html

This filly has been shown under saddle, has started over fences, and has hacked out in the field.

http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/h ... 65779.html

This 5yo has competed well at B/N level in eventing.

http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/h ... 72583.html

This buckskin mare is in foal to Redwine.

Please note that I am NOT picking on your horses. I think that your marketing as it is right now means you aren't going to "stand out" to your buyers enough to separate you from your market competition, and THAT means you are unlikely to get the best price for your stock.

HeadlessHorseman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby HeadlessHorseman » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Tahitian Moon is a nice mare.... I love that she's in foal to either Redwine or Romantic Star...I guess she's slept around... :wink:

HH :)

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:42 pm

She wasn't bred yet at the time of the ad's creation and they were (are?) giving the choice of the stallions to the buyer.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:58 am

Tahitian Moon has been sold. Alas - I wish it was to me :wink: but that isnt the case - unfortunately - but the people that HAVE bought her are thrilled to bits to be getting her. And she has been bred back to Redwine which I think was a fabulous cross as well with her ... :)

They owned her dam and they recently lost her post foaling, so it is VERY fitting and so wonderful that they now have her daughter to take Squaw's place at their farm ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 am

Looks like they are selling Carolyn. Congrats