Reed Hill Farm - TOTAL LIQUIDATION SALE

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Thank you Angrove :wink:

As for our reputation, our buyers are very satisfied, in fact they say we don't charge enough, for the quality we are putting out. And as far as our creditor perception, we have A+ credit thank you.

Every horse we own is for sale, maybe you failed to look on our site pfrsue? We could be bought out at ay given time, sounds like a liquidation to me....... :idea:

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:38 pm

If it actually damages their business, it's RHF's problem. If customers end up getting a wrong idea, its RHF's problem once more. Let everyone call their own business how they like.

Thank you r3b3l.......... :)

Funny, folks in other countries have no problem with our sale, hummm, must be more common sense is genetic there?

r3b3l above understands completely. I knew going into this my customers, several multiple time buyers, even from back when we bred Hanoverians were not happy at all about our Liquidation sale. Their comments were, "you are the main color TB breeder in the states that is putting tall athletic prospects on the ground, why would you stop now when you are just getting in new color?" The only folks that I'm sure were happy about our Liquidation were other color breeders in the states, so we weren't here to compete with anymore. One of the reasons we went into colored TB's is because I don't respect the actions of or the breeding practices of 80% of them. I think We'll "struggle" to deal with our decision just fine. :)

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Postby helen in FL » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Maybe this is just an off day but I really feel the need to bring a point to a few things.

1. In law, liquidation is the process by which a company (or part of a company) is brought to an end, and the assets and property of the company redistributed. Liquidation is also sometimes referred to as winding-up or dissolution, although dissolution technically refers to the last stage of liquidation. (wikipedia)

2. When a business or firm is terminated or bankrupt, its assets are sold and the proceeds pay creditors. Any leftovers are distributed to shareholders.
Any transaction that offsets or closes out a long or short position. (investopedia)

3. Definition of LIQUIDATE: transitive verb 1. a (1) : to determine by agreement or by litigation the precise amount of (indebtedness, damages, or accounts) (2) : to determine the liabilities and apportion assets toward discharging the indebtedness of; b : to settle (a debt) by payment or other settlement; 2 archaic : to make clear; 3 : to do away with; 4 : to convert (assets) into cash
intransitive verb 1 : to liquidate debts, damages, or accounts; 2 : to determine liabilities and apportion assets toward discharging indebtedness (webster's dictionary)

So unless this is preordained by God himself, I epically fail to see how this is a liquidation. The model that Carolyn and Reedhill are following do not coincide with a true liquidation! Can someone please explain it to me?

I am not even going to touch the "other color breeder's are jealous" tantrum right now.

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm through in here.
Thank you kind supporter's.
Those of you who don't care for our sale
or understand, it will be ok, not to worry :D

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:54 am

Wait wait!!!

Haynes is department store here in Virginia, and probably other places as well, and they have a complete store wide dispersal every weekend..

If them why not us?/

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:48 am

Amen Griffy! :lol:

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:42 am

Carolyn,

A suggestion - really!

I really like many of your horses, but it's your attitude that I don't care for. You really are so confrontational and when people try to give you great advise, you seem to become defensive.

When I first became involved in thoroughbred breeding, it was clear that there were established patterns and behaviors for sales, breeding, etc. I listened to the seasoned participants and asked a lot of questions. I never was belligerent, although I did ask for clarification sometimes. I had owned horses, but I wanted to breed and sell for the market.

From the time you arrived on this board, you have:

bulldozed your way through a traditional TB sale in Lexington with horses that didn't match up with what the typical buyer wanted there. IN AN ADVERSARIAL MANNER, I might add.

Your arguments with other color breeders are legendary, and now this bit about a liquidation which simply is not a liquidation by definition.

I think that most people do appreciate your beautiful horses, really. But I always am taken back by the need to immediately respond and defend yourself so aggressively.

Take a moment... see if any of this well intended suggestion just may have a tiny bit of helpfulness....

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Reedhill

Haynes offers no money down and no payments for two years.

That might be something we should consider for our weekly total dispersal sales

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Hello Reedhill /Carolyn
There is a color TB owner that breeds on this forum that I am trying to serach for. If you think you can sell your horses to Nevada?

Hey guys, really now! What's the deal, this person is going through tough times like many of us on here and she is just trying to sell her stock.. I noticed nobody gave Fanlew a hard time for trying to sell alot of horses. Life is just way too short to get caught up on a word like Liquidation and bringing God into this.

And if you don't like the post don't respond. !

Desert Oasis Sporthorses
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Desert Oasis Sporthorses » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Carolyn knows there are several horses that she has that I would love to own. Ahhh. If only I were independently wealthy and I had a horse transport business. Carolyn just needs to move to Nevada :) So, honey, when you coming? Go ahead and load the trailer and bring 'em on out. You know which ones :D
Kim S. Leavitt
Desert Oasis Sporthorses
Proudly Standing Airdrie Apache, Bright White and Crusov Fox

HeadlessHorseman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby HeadlessHorseman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Desert O.....you are SUCH A COLOR HOARDER.....YES, I'm talking to YOU!!!

HH :wink:

Desert Oasis Sporthorses
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Desert Oasis Sporthorses » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:54 pm

HH: You know me too well :) I do love color!
Kim S. Leavitt

Desert Oasis Sporthorses

Proudly Standing Airdrie Apache, Bright White and Crusov Fox

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:56 pm

springboro wrote:I really like many of your horses, but it's your attitude that I don't care for. You really are so confrontational and when people try to give you great advise, you seem to become defensive.

When I first became involved in thoroughbred breeding, it was clear that there were established patterns and behaviors for sales, breeding, etc. I listened to the seasoned participants and asked a lot of questions. I never was belligerent, although I did ask for clarification sometimes. I had owned horses, but I wanted to breed and sell for the market.

From the time you arrived on this board, you have:

bulldozed your way through a traditional TB sale in Lexington with horses that didn't match up with what the typical buyer wanted there. IN AN ADVERSARIAL MANNER, I might add.

Your arguments with other color breeders are legendary, and now this bit about a liquidation which simply is not a liquidation by definition.

I think that most people do appreciate your beautiful horses, really. But I always am taken back by the need to immediately respond and defend yourself so aggressively.

Take a moment... see if any of this well intended suggestion just may have a tiny bit of helpfulness....

Hi Wonderfull Springboro,
I a amused that you took time to give a run down on me so here are my comments.

AGGRESSIVE - yes by nature I am, I always strive to get what I want out of life, since we only have one to live. Now what would you call "the greats" in racing? Are they wrong for being aggressive..............?

DEFENSIVE - yes by nature I am, I don't become a door mat for those I don't care for when they start giving me a bunch of BS advice, and trying to tromp on our good name. I wonder if "the greats" in racing let others treat them as door mats..........hummm?

CONFRONTATIONAL - yes by nature I am, only when I or the farm have been wronged first. I like to give a clear factual picture for people to gather their own opinions from.

HAVE ATTITUDE - Oh yes I sure do, an it can be quite funny at times.

BELLIGERENT - No but very factual, and I don't tolerate rudeness and people being "sneaky and scumlike" I was not raised like that.

BULLDOZED THROUGH KEENELAND - yes I am guilty, I had a TB and took it to a TB sale.........OMG :shock: :idea: Can you imagine anyone doing something so unthoughtfull? :?: :roll: :twisted: Should we go after the 5,000 + other TB owners and say, "How dare you bring your TB to a TB sale?" :idea: :shock: :idea: :lol: I sure bet Keeneland doesn't regret taking our $3000 entry fees to put the 3 yearlings in there! :?: :idea: :D
Or Fasig Tipton their $2,000 when we took 2 yearlings there :!: Oh and get this, I can't blieve this happened, think it was an outright crime myself..........we actually had some nice offers back at the barn when we RNA'd them, but they weren't what we had them basically sold for, before we ever took them to KY..........I should probably put myself in jail right now and say good bye to my two sons and husband :lol: :shock: :idea: :?: But don't tell anyone, I saw others take offers in the back when their yearlings didn't get a $1000 bid, or any bid for tha matter..........what has this world come to? :?: :?:

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm

griff wrote:Reedhill

Haynes offers no money down and no payments for two years.

That might be something we should consider for our weekly total dispersal sales

griff

Dang they sure make it sound so easy don't they :lol:

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Your younger horses who are sound and broke to ride will sell as polo prospects, if you give them the chance...especially the ones who won't make the cut in the hunter-jumper world. Polo players don't mind if they come out only 15.2, or hammerheaded, or with a sewing machine trot, or plain brown/chestnut/bay, so long as they are sound. Cute is a bonus but we want fast, handy, willing, and able more. They almost always have jobs for life once they've played polo--they can go straight from the pitch to mounted games or barrels (same skills required for both) and make bombproof, quiet trail horses. Since you said having a good home for life is important to you, this is a market that should appeal.

Fit, trained, actively playing low-goal ponies are presently selling for less than $2500 and medium-goal ponies for less than $7500. Mares tend to sell more quickly and for slightly more money than geldings, the feeling is that they have more fire and heart. If they've got walk/trot/canter and can neck-rein on them, and you are willing to come down in price, you will find buyers.

As for the rest of your stock, are any of your mares inspected and approved by any warmblood registries? If not, you are leaving money on the table by not advertising them as such on your website. Same thing for your broodies who are sound to ride.

Good luck.